Avoiding her

~MILLIES POV~

I woke up this morning. Not in my bed. Not in my clothes. Not in any clothes, actually.

I sat up in the bed. The memories from last night came flooding back.

The worst part is, I don't regret it.

I fell back on to the pillow with a groan.

-------------------------

I haven't talked to Sadie all morning.

I didn't see her until it was time for filming. She was running along the beach for this scene. I didn't want to do this scene at all. She's supposed to keep running from a demogorgon then crash into Eleven, who then saves her from the creature. No one knows about El and Max's relationship. They kiss and Mike sees them then breaks up with El.

She was running (she kept glancing at the guy in a green suit, looking absolutely terrified) and I was about to hop in for the scene.

*****

Max was running.

She kept glancing over her shoulder to check if it was still chasing her.

There seemed to be no escape from it. All she could do is run along the beach until one of them got too tired to run anymore. Hopefully, Hopper was by the rocks where he said he would be.

Suddenly while she was running, she stepped in a small, shallow hole. The ground gave way and it turned out to be deeper than she thought. It went up till her thigh. She tried to get out, but her foot was stuck between a rock and a hard object. She tried to look at what it was. It was a bottle with a message and a flower in it.

"Fucking cheesy couples." she muttered at tried clawing at the sand. When that wouldn't work, she tried breaking the bottle. Nothing was working.

Then, she appeared. Max's night in shining armor. More like knight in a flannel with a bloody nose, but thats basically the same thing.

El stood in front of the creature and managed to pick it up. Her powers were stronger now and she managed to simply lift the creature into the air and toss it away.

"Close you eyes." El said.

Max did as she was told and closed her eyes. El used both hands and her telekinesis to rip the creature in two.

Blood and goo splattered everywhere, barely missing El and Max. "Are you okay?" she asked Max, extending a hand to help her out of the hole.

"Uh, yeah." Max said. She took hold of El's hand but still couldn't get out. El looked into the hole and saw the bottle. She focused on it for a few seconds until it burst into little shards. Max managed to slip out.

"Thanks." said Max and dusted off her clothes.

"Anytime, Maxie." El said and leaned in for a kiss. Max kissed back.

They stayed there for a second, enjoying the moment when they heard the voice of the last person they want to see.

"What?! El what are you doing?" Mike shouted at El.

El pulled out of the kiss and gasped. She knew she was caught. "Mike, what are you doing here?"

"I came to apologize..." he said, tears forming in his eyes. El looked at the broken glass shards and something clicked in her mind. She picked up the letter that was inside and realised it was Mike's handwriting.

"Mike, I-"

"Save it." he said and stormed away.

*****

"Cut! That was a great scene. Great job, guys."

Sadie picked up her bottle of water and gulped it down in seconds. I felt like we needed to talk so I strode over to her.

"Great job, Mills. The you were blushing like crazy when you kissed Sadie. It was so believable" Finn said.

I stopped in my tracks and my breath caught in my throat. "Um, yeah. Thanks. You too. I almost believed the crying." I laughed nervously but he didn't seem to notice.

Sadie saw me walking to her and her eyes went wide as saucers. She decided this would be a good time to leave. I couldn't leave because I still have to have an argument scene with Finn.

"Hey, you okay?" Finn asked. I turned around, letting Sadie escape. I will find you, we live in the same hotel room bitc-

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just kind of exhausted."

"Yeah, me too. We still gotta go argue though."

"I know." I said with an eye roll.

~SADIES POV~

After running away from Millie, I ran back to the hotel and went to the pool area. There was a small shed thing on the far end so I went inside and patiently waited for the earth to split open and swallow me whole.

There was pool noodles everywhere. The room smelt like chlorine. I tried to think good thoughts. But I ended up thinking of my mom. I need music. My airpods are in my hotel room.

There was a knock at the door of the shed. "Hey Sades, I saw you run in here. You okay?"

I took a deep breath and opened the door to find Caleb standing there, scratching the back of his head. "I think you owe me that ice cream."

I laughed a little and he did too. "Why are you in here? It smells like chlorine and sweaty kids." He said, tugging my arm slightly.

"I'm running away from you-know-who." I said, leaving and closing the door.

"Tough. But I have great news."

"What?"

"We're going home tomorrow."

"Really?" that was surprising.

"Yup. The party is going back to Hawkins to close the gate. But that's not it. I have another piece of good news."

"What?"

"Because I'm so good-looking, charismatic, charming, hot, sweet, lovely, tall, did I mention hot-"

"Get to the point." I said, his narcissism annoying me.

He put a hand to his chest and faked being hurt. "Well, I convinced the Duffer brothers to give us all a day off for Max's birthday."

"What? How? When? How?" I got excited. The Duffer brothers are difficult to convince sometimes.

"I guilt tripped them. They knew it was Max's birthday, but they didn't tell us so we couldn't carry out and birthday traditions and they made her spend the whole day working. It was pretty easy to make them feel bad."

"That's great! Thanks Caleb." I hugged him. Now I don't have to share a bedroom with...well, you know.

"We're hosting Max's party at my place. I can pick you up if you want?"

----------------------

A/N

Max's party is going to be awesome...

...I have plans...

...I need some character suggestions so I can give Finn a love life too.

NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO SUGGEST ELS*E.