Max's Party: Millie's Version

~MILLIES POV~

"I'm a grown up and I can do what I want." Sadie slurred her words when she spoke. 'After Party' by Don Toliver started playing. "This party is SO boring. I'm going to find Caleb." She poured herself another drink and downed it before I could stop her and disappeared into the crowd.

I should probably go after her. Thought to myself.

I followed her through the crowd. We ended up outside where the music was quieter and there was much less people. I could feel the cool nighttime breeze on my face. The grass was a little damp. Sadie threw her cup on the floor and stepped on it. "Millie" she said.

"Yeah?"

"Why do you like him?" she tried looking at me but her eyes wouldn't focus.

"Who?" I knew who she was talking about.

"Little old Bon Jovi."

"You two are the same age."

"I'm a month older."

"Barely."

"Answer the question."

"Because I..." think fast Millie "...I like his eyes."

"Our eyes are the same color." she said, tripping over her legs. She would've fallen to the ground if I hadn't caught her in time.

"Well... he's sweet."

"I'm sweet."

"He loves me."

"I love you." she stopped and her eyes went wide like she didn't mean to say it. Then they drooped back down to their lazy manner. "Oh well, I said it."

I was close to tears. What?

"You're just drunk." I said quietly.

"No I'm not. I'm just a little tired

"You need to go home."

"No I'm not. I'm just a little tired."

"No, let me take you home."

"Fine. You're sssuch a fun spoiler." she staggered over to me and fell into my arms then looked at my face. "You have a really pretty face. Jake is lucky."

"Come on, my car's that way."

"Wait, we're actually going home?" her hair slipped out of the ponytail and was now loose and messed

"Yes."

"Fine. One more drink..." she slipped out of my grip ran back into the party.

Shit.

I went back in and couldn't find her. I checked by the table we were sitting by earlier. Instead of Sadie, I found Dylan, Noah's boyfriend. He was in tears and also appeared to be trying to get wasted.

"Hey Dylan. You okay?" I asked.

His eyes were red and puffy. "Nope."

"What happened?"

"Ask Noah. He'll tell you what happened. It wasn't my fault, but he'll tell you it's my fault. I didn't mean to do it. I didn't even know Daniel was here."

I was a little confused.

"If you're looking for Sadie, she's by the pool."

"Thanks, Dylan." I said and ran to the pool area. I decided I'll ask Noah what happened later.

Sadie was by the poolside when she saw me. "Look, Millie! I'm doing the thing Taylor Swift did on the eras tour." she looked like she was about to do the thing where Taylor Swift dives into the stage.

I ran to her and tried to grab her waist, but I only ended up grabbing her jacket.

She came up to the surface for air. "Come on."

"No, Sadie. We're leaving."

She pouted. "Seriously?"

"Yes, seriously." I took her arm and led her out of the pool. This time, I wasn't letting her go. Her hair was wet and she was dripping. Her red hair was tangled and all over the place.

How does she still manage to look so pretty?

On the way out, Sadie grabbed some girls drink. "Thanks." she said as I pulled her out of the building.

I pushed her into the passenger seat of my car. I took a deep breath. Babysitting Sadie is not easy.

"Did you take me out of the party because I said I loved you?" Sadie asked.

She's just drunk. She doesn't know what she's saying.

"No." I said.

"Well, I wasn't lying."

She's just drunk.

"You're just drunk. You don't know what you're saying."

Without warning, she grabbed my chin and pulled my face to hers. She kissed me again. I melted into is for a moment, before regaining my self control and pulling away.

"I love you, Millie. I just don't know what to do about it." she said, leaning back on to the seat.

I sighed and switched on the car. "Wish you were sober."

--------------

We drove in silence until we pulled up to my house because she refused to give me directions to her house.

I got out of the car first and went round to open the door for Sadie. She tied her red hair into a messy bun on her head and lazily hopped out of the car.

She landed on her left foot, her right foot landed sideways and she fell on my driveway. I picked her up and helped her to the door. I searched my pockets for my keys.

"Do you love me back?" she asked.

She's way too tipsy to remember this anyway. "Yes. But like you said, I don't know what to do about it."

She kissed me again. This time I didn't pull away. We stayed there before I heard a voice from behind me. It was the last person I wanted to hear.

"Millie?"

I stopped making out with Sadie and slowly turned around. I want the earth to split open and swallow me whole.

"Jake, what are you doing here?" I asked, close to tears.

He was just as close to tears as me. "I c-c-came to see you. I missed you. I couldn't wait a whole month for you. I missed you..."

"I... I'm sorry."

"Save it." he spat and turned down the driveway to where I assumed his car was parked.

This reminds me of a certain Stranger Things scene.

--------------------------

A/N

ALEXA PLAY WISH YOU WERE SOBER BY CONAN GRAY THAT SONG IS PERFECT FOR TIS MOMENT

I made a playlist in Millies Pov:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4jFueLaowt4JKA1SnDBEnE?si=1269268b32b4416a&pt=c875b9eb06696dd54ff7dc6b1128e1aa