Stuck with you

~CALEBS POV~

I was at my house, calmly playing video games and waiting for my cupcake order to arrive when Max burst into the room and started pacing (luckily not in front of the screen).

"Caleb, you would not believe it!" she exclaimed, sounding frustrated.

"What?" I asked, used to my friends walking in at random times for venting.

"I'm not even joking, Louis Partridge is publicly dating some British bitch he's known from middle school!"

"And?"

She stopped pacing. "What do you mean 'and'?"

"I thought you said he was just a friend."

"Yes but..." she sighed. "Is the other one charged?"

"Bottom cabinet."

She took out the other controller and switched it on so we could play together and sat on an empty space on the couch that wasn't covered in pretzels or takis.

"How would you feel if Salen was seeing another guy?"

I tensed up a little at the name. "I'm not serious about Salen..."

"You say that now, but if Salen was going out with some guy, you would totally stop talking to her or do some dramatic little Caleb-y thing."

I shut my mouth. She was right.

"You know what? Even I gotta admit, it's a little shitty of him to publicly date Veronica with what's going on with you two." I said.

"Exactly! Now, what do I do about him?"

I tried to think of something to say. I'm not usually good at advice. "If you text a guy and he doesn't text you back, don't text him again." I recited what I heard online once.

She looked confused for a second, then considered and said "You're right. I sent him a clear message, he didn't respond, so I should stop talking to him."

That wasn't what I said. "Uh, yeah. Yup. Totally."

"Thanks Cay. You're super helpful, you know." she said, getting up.

"Kung Lao wins: Brutality." said the game, indicating that Max won.

"And that is how you win with Style. Bye." she said and left.

"I let you win!" I lied as she walked out.

------------------

~MILLIES POV~

I was in my car when Caleb called.

"Hey Mill."

"Hey. What's up?"

"I placed an order for cupcakes like, hours ago. I asked Noah to pick it up for me because he was in the same area as the bakery but he couldn't make it."

"You seriously trusted Noah to get you something?"

"You know what they say. In Noah we trust."

"No one says that!" I yelled into the phone. "But anyway, where's the Bakery?"

"I'll send you the location. Thanks."

"Anytime." I said and hung up. I waited for him to send me the location and went to pick up his order.

---------------

I Should've said no.

I should've told Caleb I couldn't make it.

I should've asked someone else to do it.

I shouldn't have stepped into that Bakery.

The whole room smelled like cinnamon and fresh bread. The walls were a pastel pink and white and covered in shelves displaying beautifully decorated baked goods. It looked like a little warm, adorable Wonderland.

Sadly, all Wonderlands have their own Wicked Witch of the West to ruin the magic.

Behind the counter was the one and only, everyone put their hands together...

"Jake?" I asked, confused.

"Millie?" he asked. "What are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here? What are you doing here?"

"I work here?" he replied. "My therapist said I should invest my time in other hobbies so I got a part time job. It was honestly kind of fun... until you showed up."

"Funny." I said, sarcastically. "I'm just here to pick up an order for Caleb."

"Yup, Caleb Mclaughlin..." he took out a clipboard and scanned the names. "Have you moved from Sadie to Caleb, or do you just keep hopping from coworker to coworker behind Sadies back." he said, never taking his eyes off the clipboard.

"Oh, shut up."

"You know I have every right to kick rude customers out." he said, finally looking up at me.

"Just give me the damn cupcakes."

"Alright. All the orders get stored in the back room. I have to lock it as soon as I'm done and there is 3 boxes so... I'm going to need help. Luan!" he called behind him. "Lua- oh fuck. I forgot, Luan left earlier." he did a few calculations in his mind, then looked at me.

"Do you mind helping me out?" he asked.

"With...?"

"I need help carrying the boxes out. My buddy, Luan isn't exactly here right now."

"You want me to go to the creepy back room with you?"

"Calm down, I'm not a rapist or a fucking axe murderer. You can say no if you want."

I contemplated for a moment or two before saying "Whatever." and following him.

Jake took a key out of his apron pocket and plugged it into the door. Once the door was open, I felt the cold breeze of what appeared to be a freezer.

"He was late to pick up his order, so we had to keep it in here." Jake explained, putting the key down on a shelf outside the door. "There's 3 boxes in the back, you'll need to carry one and I'll take the rest.

"'Kay." I said and followed him into the room.

I was ready to take a box out when Jake quickly ran out of the room and said "Wait, I'm coming. I need to check the box number and confirm which one is Calebs."

I stood there, starting to feel cold when Jake came back in with that clipboard again.

"Got it-" he said, then turned around to see that his apron got caught in the door handle. He tried tugging it, which resulted in him closing the door by accident.

I wasn't going to panic, until I heard the door lock.

"Don't get all panicky and worried." he said. "I have the key here somewhere..." he started searching his pockets.

"You left the keys on that shelf, you idiot!" I sighed, leaning against the wall.

-----------------

A/N

Mwahahaahahahha