This is what happens when theres a fire and youre about to die

~MILLIES POV~

Drama club was definitely the highlight of our entire school year.

At first, it was boring. We were given boring speeches to memorize and boring exercises about crying on command and playing dead and... easy stuff. And by easy, I mean we already do this stuff at work all the damn time.

The day Mrs Robinson decided we were too good for the other students was the day Drama class changed... well... Dramatically.

She held the us all back after Drama class and let the kids go to their next classes. We were all sitting on the audiences seats when she sent us on the first exercise.

"How would you guys like to do some intense acting?"

We passed around awkward glances.

"I mean, it's obvious that everything else I give you is baby stuff. I thought maybe you'd like to try the type of acting where you can't fuck up. The type where, if you do make a mistake, there's no starting over."

"What's the challenge?" asked Max.

"I want to try giving you guys a few little tasks; exercises. Just for a study I'm doing. I want to improve your acting, which your bosses tell me is starting to suck."

Kj scoffed.

"We'll start easy: I want you all to start a fire drill."

-------------------

"Fire in the Drama Room! A stage light burst! Everyone out! NOW!"

"What's happening?" a stupid freshman asked, as if I hadn't just explained.

Gaten popped his head through the doorway. "This is what happens when there's a fire and you're about to die."

Every kid in the class ran out immediately, a teacher following behind. Once they had left, Me and Gaten stepped into the empty class.

"You used your American accent, you know."

"At some point, it came out naturally when I act." I replied, checking the supplies room for people. "Will we get in trouble for this?"

"Maybe Mrs Robinson, but not us."

Gaten's phone rang, and he checked it.

"Tell me what happens when all this is over. I gotta go." he started to leave.

"Wait, where are you going?"

"I got a flight to catch."

"Now?"

"I have to leave now if I want to make it back home in time for date night."

Stupid fucking perfect relationship. "The Duffers gave you permission to leave school for a date night?"

"I have to ask for permission?"

I looked at him like he was stupid. He shrugged his shoulders and turned around.

"Wait!" he was halfway out the door when I called after him again.

"What?" he asked, irritated this time.

"Be back by nine. Use protection."

I laughed as he rolled his eyes and flipped me off before leaving.

Randomly, I felt like it would be a great idea to snoop around the teacher's desk.

I opened a drawer. It had a bunch of markers in it and an old poster for Peace day which was probably made by a student. In the second drawer, I found multiple items and trinkets. Confiscation drawer.