The Not-date pt.1

~MILLIES POV~

This is not a date

We're hanging out.

As friends.

Friends with benefits.

I shook off all thoughts of Sadie and decided it would be a great idea to text Noah. After what Dylan said last night, I think I should text him.

I dialed his number and the phone rang for a bit.

This number is unreachable.

I sighed in that exact moment. What did he - or Dylan - do to fuck up the adorable relationship I gave them?

My phone rang and I checked who it was, hoping it was Noah calling back so I could ask what happened, but it was just Caleb.

"Hey Cay. What's-"

"Oh my god, Millie! What? Which hospital?" Caleb said.

I had no idea what he meant

"What? What do you mean hospital? What's going on-"

"No way! Is dad's x-ray in yet?"

Then I knew what he meant.

About 4 years ago, Me, Gaten, Noah, Finn, Caleb and Sadie came up with a code: If one of us ever needs help getting out of, say, a date or and awkward situation, we could always call someone and use the code "Is dad's x-ray in yet".

Honestly, I'm surprised Caleb remembered it.

"Uh, yeah! He's like, dying! He wants us to... um... find his... will! Yes, his will is in the... uh..." I looked out the window and saw someone in the neighborhood moving a huge wooden chest out of a truck. Now, a normal person would've said 'golden chest' or 'truck' but since I'm anything but normal, I said:

"it's in his neighbor's hat!"

"Oh, really? That sounds serious." I could hear Caleb fighting the urge to face palm.

"yeah, it's the... uh... red... hat?" it sounded more like a question than a statement. Can't Caleb just cut the call already?

"Okay, got it. On my way." and he ended the call.

I would've sighed with relief but I have other problems to deal with. Like for one, what am I going to wear?

(a/n y'all have imagination so give her something pretty to wear)

-----------------

~SADIES POV~

It's not a date.

I can hear all of you guys judging saying 'yeah, keep telling yourself that, Sadie' well, I'm about to prove all of you wrong.

(a/n Give her a good outfit too I have no time to describe something to you guys. Make sure it's a 'totally-not-going-on-a-date-but-it-lowkey-highkey-looks-like-a-date' outfit)

---------------

at the mOVIES

I thought a funny movie would make her feel better so we went to watch(a/n insert your fave comedy).

We got popcorn and maltesers and milkshakes and sat down as the movie started.

"You know," Millie whispered. "This reminds me of the time we were watching a scary movie and Caleb screamed like a girl" she said, trying to laugh as quietly as possible.

"Remember when he threw the popcorn like, a foot into the air?" I chuckled.

"Remember that sleepover when we watched Return to Oz and he got scared of the wheelers and ran away?" we both erupted into giggles, which made the guy behind us pinch the bridge of his nose, annoyed.

"Can you two keep it down?" he whisper-shouted.

Me and Millie turned back to the screen. I looked at her the same time she looked at me. We held eye contact for a moment and laughed again. The annoyed guy shot us two dirty looks but we ignored them.

During the movie, I felt the edges of my fingers brush against Millies hand. I was too scared to look at her face so I looked at our hands.

Should I just grab her hand now? Or is that too pushy?

If I took her hand, would she drop it?

But she's not moving her hand right now.

Maybe she doesn't notice.

If I hold her hand, would she hold it back?

If she holds it back, what happens then?

I decided I wouldn't move my hand and let her make the first move. I froze my hand. It stayed there for an almost 15 minutes and started to feel a little stiff when Millie giggled a little bit a joke and her hand moved a little closer. We weren't holding hands but our elbows were touching, and that's pretty damn close if you ask me.

Is this an invitation to take her hand?

She's asking for it.

Maybe she doesn't notice.

I glanced at her hand again. Do I take it?

I took a deep breath and mustered up all the courage I could to do this.

Fuck it. I'm taking her hand.

Just as I was ready to grab it, the credits started rolling and everyone started to leave the room and Millie stood up

I missed my chance.

"Are we going to do something else next?" Millie asked, helping me up.

So NOW she wants to take my hand.

"Next place is a surprise. You're probably all tired from the movie so I have a way to restore your energy." I replied.

"Can't wait." she said, walking out of the theater.

----------------------

~MILLIES POV~

During the whole movie, I could only think of Sadie's hand being so close to mine. I don't even remember the plot for the movie.

I thought I could move my hand close to hers and I wouldn't mind, but the second I did that I started freaking out.

I kept thinking What do I do now? Should I move my hand back? No, that would be awkward. Should I take her hand? That would be worse. It's okay, I'll just pretend to be reaching for some popcorn or something. Wait, we finished all the snacks. I could burst out laughing at some stupid unfunny joke and move my hand.

So I waited for something funny. The best thing I had was a sorry excuse for a joke, so I only giggled a little bit. In the moment, I thought I wouldn't have enough time to fully move my hand and froze up for a second. When I actually moved my hand, it only ended up moving closer to her hand.

Now what?

I pretended I didn't notice it and stared directly at the screen. I wasn't paying attention to the movie, I was just staring blankly at it.

Finally, the movie ended and I got up to leave, but not before helping Sadie out of her seat.

"Are we going to do something else next?" I asked.

"Next place is a surprise. You're probably all tired from the movie so I have a way to restore your energy." she replied, getting up.

"Can't wait." I said as I walked out

--------------------

A/N

BONJILLIE SLAYED the Engagement party.

Also, dear swifties:

HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THE VAULT TRACKS FOR SNTV !!!

OMLTILAMTILWILASH

I already STAN Electric touch