sodium and strokes

~CALEBS POV~

I followed Max into the Art room, where her friends that she introduced us to, Conan, Daryl, Aaron and Liam, appeared to be painting some pieces of trash. Daryl was the only one who painted a pretty good landscape.

"You frogs need to help me," she said to them. "But first, what the fuck are you guys painting? It looks like dog crap."

"It's abstract art." Conan said, matter-of-factly.

"Sure it is." Max replies. "Where can I get 200 bags of flour?"

"Strange request." Says Daryl, his eyes not leaving his painting. "But I can help." He puts down his brush. "Call him."

Aaron, Liam and Conan gasped. Max was visibly shocked.

"Dont do it. Don't do it if you know what's good for you." Liam warned.

"I have to." Max protests.

"You don't have to-" Aaron says, but I say:

"Call who?"

They all glance at each other like they don't know how to answer.

"We don't talk about him." Liam said.

"Dont talk about who?" I ask.

"Bru-" Daryl starts, then gets hit on the back of the head by Max.

"We don't talk about-"

"Bruno?" I ask, jokingly.

"Sshhh!" They all hush me at the same time.

"We don't talk about Bruno." Max says, quickly.

"Wait, you guys actually have a friend-"

"Well, more like plug." Daryl corrects me, picking up his brush again.

"You guys actually have a plug named Bruno?"

Liam sits on an empty desk. He talks with his hands. "Yep. He sits outside the school gates in a hoodie and an old beat-up car. Every. Single. Day. He never moves. Ever."

"He could be dealing drugs," Max explains further. "He could be a spy. Doesnt matter, though. Because whenever you ask for something, he delivers." She took out her phone. "How much to you want?"

"I dunno..." how does the metric system work again? One ounce = one... kilo? I don't know. A kilo sounds like a really small amount, anyway. "4 kilos. Per bag."

"I'm not going to call him, but texting him sounds safer."

Before I have time to think about what she means by 'safer', her phone starts ringing.

She doesn't pick it up, but opens the window and sticks the phone out. Eventually, it stops ringing and she brings her arm back inside. The four boys act like this is the normalest day at school ever.

She notices my confusion and quickly says, "Its protocol."

"Protocol for what?" I ask.

Her phone dings. "Your flour is behind the school."

"Already?"

"What can I say? Bruno delivers. Conan, you coming?"

The two of them walk out and I follow behind. Suddenly, I'm worried that I'm in huge danger. I don't even know Max that well. What if she's leading me do my death? I've never spoken to Conan before. Is this how Caleb Mclaughlin dies?