Bathing suit

~S POV~

This trip has barely started and I already want to leave.

When we were leaving our bags in our rooms, me and Millie were stuck in the loudest, most tense silence ever. Until we both decided to speak up.

She said "Hey, I-" at the same time I said "Look, I know-" which left us in a momentary silence. Then I spoke.

"Maya and Noah set us up, didn't they?"

She chuckled. "Yeah. Those two are idiots."

"Totally."

She turned around and went back to doing whatever it was she was doing with her suitcase.

Then there was that silence again.

"I'm sorry." she said suddenly. Well that was unexpected.

"For what?" I asked.

"I don't know, everything?" it was more like a question than an answer. "I shouldn't have kissed you or done anything I did during Season 4. That was really stupid."

"It's okay. You had no idea things would end up like this."

She gave me a warm smile. "I'm glad we could clear that up. Now we have to break the news to Noah and Maya."

I laughed at what she said. She said she's "glad we could clear that up." Does that mean she regrets everything? Why would it matter anyway? It's not like she loves me or I love her.

"Meet you down by the beach." Millie said, leaving the room.

"Uh, yeah. Sure."

She wat about to turn and leave when I called after her.

"Mills, wait!"

That made her stop and turn around. "What?" she asked.

"I don't have a bathing suit."

"Neither do I."

"We should probably go get-"

"I saw a little shop a block away. Wanna go there?"

"Yeah, sure." I nodded my head and she left.

Why am I such a trainwreck?

-----------------------------------

Time skip to later on in the shop.

Throughout my 22 years of living this far, I have learnt one thing;

I hate shopping for bathing suits.

Other than the fact that my body is shaped like a stale slice of bread, my skin is extra pale so I probably look like a pimple.

Millie, however, didn't seem to care or notice because she was taking me around the store, tossing different options into my arms and using me to model different outfits.

"This one would look great on you because it's plain and it matches with your hair." she said, tossing a white one piece into my arms. "But this," she threw a black and white striped bikini onto the pile. "this would totally look good on you."

"You really think so?" I asked for behind the pile.

She hummed in response and continues browsing through the shelves and aisles.

"How about you?" I asked her.

"How about me what?" she asked back.

"Aren't you going to try one on for yourself?"

"Yeah I'll probably grab something plain later."

"Why?" I wondered why she wouldn't want to pick one of the many bikinis she threw at me for herself.

"Because I won't look as good in them as you do."

I will never be able to fathom why I said what I said next.

"Trust me when I say, you look really hot in everything you wear."

She looked she looked at me and gave me small smile. I let out a short, nervous laugh.

It's just a stupid compliment, right?

"Thanks, but-" she started but I cut her off.

"'But' nothing. I like this flowery one. Try it on." I shoved a two piece into her hands.

She rolled her eyes with a smile. "Fine."

I waited for outside the changing room for her. After a few seconds, she called me in.

I looked at the bikini on her. Most people would say perfect is an overstatement, but it was the perfect word to use.

It wasn't too loose or too tight. Her skin was the perfect shade of tan and her body was the perfect shape. Her hair was the perfect shade of dark brown and she let it down to her shoulders. She looked a little bit majestic.

"How do I look?" she asked checking herself out in the mirror. The expression on her face looked unsure, but I felt and probably looked, amazed.

"You look... uh- uh-....wow." was all I could say. I was absolutely speechless.

"Is that a good 'wow' or a bad 'wow'?" she asked, confused.

"Are you kidding? You look fucking amazing."

Her unsure look turned into a soft smile. Then a smirk. "Do you like it?"

"Yeah, obviously. I picked it out for you."

"No, I mean on me. Does it look like how you imagined?'

I didn't know how to reply for two seconds. "It looks better in real life."

She smiled at her reflection and then her face changed and she turned to me. "We still haven't tried one on you yet."

Oh no. "You tried like, seven on me."

"Yeah but I still haven't found the one."

She picked up a multi colored polka dot one piece from the pile that I had now dropped to the floor of the changing room.

"Try this on." she placed it in my hands and walked out, closing the door behind her.

I looked at the bikini in my hands. I knew there was no way in hell she was going to let me out until I had changed into this. Oh well.

After changing into the bikini, I looked in the mirror. I hate it. I called Millie in to see.

"Ooh, this one looks absolutely gorgeous on you." She called me gorgeous.

I looked at my reflection, undecidedly. "Really?"

"Yeah, totally. Or could try this." she gave me the white one piece from earlier and left again.

I sighed and tried it on. I looked in the mirror. It's not so bad.

"Hey, come check this one out." I called to Millie.

She walked in and saw me. She stopped moving and her breathing hitched. She looked me up and down. Her expression was hard to read.

I'm not THAT ugly, am I?

"What do you think?" I asked the question, afraid of the answer.

"You...look.." she looked like she was searching for the right word. "...breathtaking."

My eyes went big as saucers. "Me?"

"I- I- mean, like... not like I- like..." her words were caught in her mouth and she stuttered a few times. I couldn't tell in the dim light of the changing room but I think her face was a little red.

It was kind of adorable so I laughed. She looked confused for a second then she laughed too.

We both paid for our bathing suits and left.

---------------------------------------

A/N

Right now, I don't have any plans for Millie and Sadie and I NEED IDEAS ASAP.

But anyway, what do you guys think about a book for Noah and Dylan?