Max's Party: Dylan's Version

~DYLANS POV~

I couldnt wait to see Noah tonight. I threw on my best shirt and tried shifting my hair to make it look as messy, but not too messy, as I could.

When Noah walked into the Grandpa Herbs Coffee shop (more like, when he spilt coffee all over himself) I immediately fell in love with him. I love hearing the sound of his voice. And the way he waves his hands around when he talks is so...adorable. His face always lights up the same way when he sees something he likes and he makes the cutest face when he's confused with something. He was honestly perfect.

And for what felt like the first time in forever, I was going to see him tonight at this party. I couldn't wait.

My little cousin/best friend, Willow was supposed to pick me up almost a half hour ago. I sat alone in my house, waiting for Willow to pull up.

Surely enough, they did.

45 minutes late.

"Willoooowwww," I whined. "You were supposed to pick me up ages ago."

"Don't blame me. My mom hates it when I do fun stuff."

-----------------------------

At the party

Once we got to the party, I texted Noah to see where he was.

Me

Hey Nowahhh

I like, just got here

Where are uuuuuuu

Nowaahhh

Where are youuuuuuuuu

You said youd be here ages ago

Me

Sorry my ride was late:/

But Im here now

Im waiting for you by the stairs

I put my phone away and waited by the stairs, hoping to see Noah emerge from the crowds.

After a solid 2 minutes of waiting, Willow rushed up to be and tugged my sleeve.

"Dylan, we gotta go. Guess who's here?" they said, shaking my shoulders.

"Uh...Barrack Obama is here and we wants to make first Non Binary president of America?" I joked.

"Dyllie, I'm being serious." I knew when she used that nickname, she was being serious.

"Who's here?"

"Daniel."

My heart dropped. Before I graduated highschool last year, I was dating this guy below my grade, Daniel. When I tried to break up with him, he got obsessive and would follow my around. I really need a restraining order on him.

But I was ready to face anything to see Noah. "We're staying. I'm not ruining this night for you or for myself." I said and took Willows hand so we could go to the poolside, where Daniel was not.

Then I got a text from Noah.

Nowaahhh

Hey D

I srsly cant find u anywhere help:/

I was about to answer when I saw Daniel across the pool. I ducked down before he could see me and pulled Willow with me. My phone buzzed again, but this time I was trying to run away from Daniel and couldn't afford any distractions, no matter how funny or sweet.