Iris Hotel

~MAYAS POV~

Its hard to imagine what life will be like after this season. Right now, we're all boarding a bus so we can continue filming in another place. Every scene we film brings us closer to the end of the show. After the end, we're all going to stop talking and break contact. That usually happens every season, but after this season we're never going back.

In all honesty, I'm going to miss them.

Everyone was picking their seats. The chairs were placed in twos so everyone was sitting next to their favorite person.

The backseats were six chairs all connected. Jamie sat by the window next to Joseph, who was next to Joe, who was next to Gaten, who was next to Caleb

After the backseats were Max and Priah, who were seated across Charlie and Natalia. In front of them was Finn and Eduardo, across David and Winona.

The third row had 4 open seats. Millie sat by a window. Noah was about to sit next to her when I grabbed his shoulder. I looked at him, and he instantly understood.

We sat across from Millie. The only open seats were the two in front of Noah and the place next to Millie. Sadie walked in, scanned the bus for empty seats and saw the ones in front of me and Noah. She was about to sit on one of them when the Duffers walked in and sat there next to each other. The only seat left was next to Millie. She had no other choice. The plan is working!

Me and Noah looked at each other, then at them. Millie shot Noah a look that made him sink into his chair. He stuck his headphones on and opened a bag of chips for us to share.

Joe heard the rustling of the bag from the back of the bus. "Is that food?" He asked which made us all laugh.

After that, everyone started opening food and sharing with each other as the bus started.

~MILLIES POV~

Fuck.

How did I end up here? The atmosphere was so tense where we sat, you'd need a machete to get off the bus.

I tried looking out the window to avoid her gaze. The forest is nice.

Why do I feel like this? I thought there was a silent agreement that we could still be friends. I start wondering if she felt the same. Maybe she's cool as a cucumber and I'm stressing over nothing.

I looked at her. She was already looking at me. We made eye contact. It wasn't just eye contact. We stared into each other's eyes for a moment, both of us not wanting to look away but knowing we have to.

The bus driver made a sharp turn, sending half of us flying and making me and Sadie break contact.

"Sorry about that." He called to us.

I went back to staring out the window. I shifted my leg a little bit but I felt it come into contact with something. It was her leg. We looked at each other and pulled away. I looked at her face. It was slightly tinted red. She's kind of cute when she's flushed...

Stop it! Do not catch feelings!

Wait, is that what I'm doing? I'm not falling in love with this girl, am I?

I plugged my airpods in. Fuck Noah. None of this would've happened if he just sat next to me.

Opened the Spotify app and put my favorite playlist on shuffle. You know that feeling when you open spotify and the first few songs to play are exactly what you don't want to hear? Well that's how I felt.

The song took a few seconds to start due to the bad connection in the area. Once it started, I realized it was 'That way' by Tate Mcrae.

There's no way I'll end up being with you but

friends don't look at friends that way...

I skipped this song because it reminded me a little too much of my current situation. I needed a song to calm me down. The song that played next was 'Better' by Khalid. His songs are usually pretty calming.

I started tapping my foot according to the beat. The song was nice until I remembered the lyrics.

You say we're just friends but I swear when nobody's around...

I changed the song again. It was 'August' by Taylor Swift. I would've let it play but I remembered it's Sadie's favorite song. Not helpful. I changed the song again. It was another song by Taylor Swift. It was 'Gorgeous' this time. I love that song. I went back to tapping my foot according to the beat.

Ocean blue eyes

Looking in mine

You've ruined my life

By not being mine...

Ok, music is starting to suck. I gave it one more try and changed the song again. It was 'Bodybag' by Chloe Moriondo.

Don't know if I hate you or if I wanna date you

"Ok, what the hel!l?" I shouted loud enough for the whole bus to hear. Everyone tilted their heads in my direction, making me sink into my seat. I didn't have to check the review mirrors to know I was probably redder than Sadie's hair.

"Sorry." I managed to mumble. Finn and Caleb, who appeared to have been in the midst of a conversation, continued talking and everyone went back to what they were doing. Everyone except me, who was flushed with embarassment. Sadie on the other hand, looked ready to laugh at me. I silently pleaded for the bus to crash.

About a half hour later, the bus stopped. It didnt stop at a mosquito and bear infested forest like I thought it would. We stopped at what appeared to be a huge hotel facing a beach. It was a large pastel blue building with wavelines drawn in dark blue all over the walls near the ground. There was a beaten up old sign with seashells and ceramic starfish stuck on it at the entrance.

Iris Hotel.

Jamie was the first to ask the question we'd all been wondering. "Aren't we supposed to be in a forest?"

"There was a little change of plans." Ross answered vaguely. When he realised everyone on the bus was waiting for him to explain further, he continued. "Someone on the internet found out where we were going to be filming and a bunch of fans were planning to stay at the same place as us. We couldn't risk any spoilers so we changed the script a little. Dont worry, it's the same script just in a different setting. Some of you may have a few extra lines to memorise. It shouldn't be too difficult."

After a few minutes of pushing, bumping into each other, and someone shouting "that's my leg", we all got down from the bus. After grabbing our bags, the bus drove off leaving us standing there in front of the Duffers, clueless on what to do next.

"Ok," Matt said, clasping his hands together. "everyone's going to be staying in rooms in pairs. The reception is that way," he waved in the direction of the entrance. "find a partner and meet us there."

Everyone almost immediately either chose someone or they just stuck to whoever was on the bus next to them. I searched the small crowd of 17 people(a/n its 17 right?) for Noah. Soon almost everyone had cleared out and he was still nowhere to be seen.

After everyone had chosen their partners, there were only two people left who were forced to choose each other. It was me and, you guessed it...

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Sadie fucking Sink.

--------------------------------

A/N

On a scale of 1 to 710 how much do you guys like Louis Partridge?