The Not-date pt.2

~MILLIES POV~

We were roller skating.

That's where we went next.

As we were putting on the skates, I said told Sadie "I can't roller skate"

To which she replied, "Of course you can"

"No, like I don't know how. All the roller skating scenes I did involved mostly stunt doubles. During the other roller skating scenes, I didn't move around much so it was easier."

"Just try it. It'll be fun. I promise I won't let you fall."

I tapped my chin in thought. "You pinkie promise?"

She rolled her eyes with a smile. "You're so childish." she said and hooked her pinkie on mine.

We both giggled and she helped me stand up.

"Just hold my hand, okay?" she said. As if it's that easy.

She skated slightly ahead of me, still keeping my hand in hers. She seemed to be a natural at this. Obviously she would be good at this, she's been riding that skateboard for like, 6 years.

And obviously, I was attempting not to fall half the time.

I kept on feeling like I was about to fall over and lose my balance. When Sadie saw this, she slowed down and came closer to me. She grabbed my waist to try and help me steady myself, which only gave me butterflies and didn't help with the almost-falling feeling.

I bet she knows what she's doing and she's having fun with it.

The second time she tried to stop me from falling, I looked up at her the same time she looked up at me. We held eye contact for a moment. The mirrorball in the middle of the room projected all sorts of patterns with the lights. It was like the perfect moment in the romcoms where the main couple is about to kiss...

But sadly, I'm a bit of a klutz and we were on wheels.

Despite how close Sadie was to me, she couldn't stop me falling this time. I landed on my butt in front of a whole crowd of people.

As they passed, some of them gave me weird looks, and some pointed and whispered. I felt a little humiliated until I saw Sadie laughing until she couldn't breathe.

That probably should've made me feel worse, but seeing Sadie's smile actually raised my spirits a bit.

She rolled over and extended a hand. "Need some help?" she said with a smile.

I rolled my eyes. "I fucking hate you, Sink."

"I hate you too." she said, her hand still outstretched.

I took her hand, but instead of her pulling me up, I pulled her down, which resulted in her falling and landing on top of me.

I laughed. "How does Karma feel?"

"It hurts like a bitch." she said, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my hair and gave me a fluttery feeling in my chest

I gazed into her eyes. In the light of the roller rink, they had small specs of pink in them which combined with the blue and created a Light blue and purple color.

Then I remembered that we were in public and we should probably get off the floor.

I pushed up on my palms to help me get up and Sadie did the same, but quicker and got off me before I could sit straight. She stretched out a hand, her face red from ear to ear.

I used her hand to actually stand this time. "Hey, I'm gonna go to the b- bathroom. 'kay?" I said.

"Uh yeah. Cool. I'll go grab a soda or something."