Arguments

~SADIES POV~

"So... you're together?" Caleb asked, pointing his ice cream spoon at me.

"Well, we haven't put a label on it." I answered. "She never said anything and I never said anything. We're just... h- hanging out?"

Caleb looked so done with me at that moment. "Ok, sure, cause I kiss Kyle and Devon, and all the other guys I hang out with like, every day."

"Don't forget about the hooking up." Maya added.

"Oh, yeah, definitely. Jared is freaky as hell." he joked. Caleb and Maya burst out laughing and I shot her a look that made her stop.

"Seriouly though, stop bringing that up." I said and pushed my ice cream away. I didn't feel like eating anymore. "we're not here for me, though. Maya?" I looked at her.

She looked into her empty ice cream cup, avoiding my gaze. "What?"

Caleb gave me knowing look and I returned it. "Do you wanna talk about your crush, or should I?" I said to Maya.

She went absolutely red and shoved a scoop of ice cream into her mouth. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Caleb rolled his eyes and dropped his spoon into his cup. "Don't act like it isn't obvious."

"Yeah. Charlie's going to hate you if he finds out."

"Drop it." Maya mumbled.

"No. Remind me where it started." I said, leaning my elbows on the table and resting my chin in my palms.

She rolled her eyes. "No. Not with you-know-who around." she said pointedly in Caleb's direction.

Caleb put a hand on his heart and faked being offended. "After everything we've been through, Maya? I'm just 'you-know-wh-"

"No idiot, look again." I said.

Caleb saw what we saw; someone with a phone, camera pointed at us. But instead of giving them a slight glance so they don't know we're talking about them, he competely spun around and squinted his eyes at the camera man. Then he pointed at him and said "Is that the guy?"

Maya slapped her forehead with a sigh. "Yes, Cay, that's him."

"Oh, cool. Hi!" he shouted across the room. The guy with the camera put his phone down, flushed with embarassment.

Caleb turned back around in his seat to face us, his brows furrowed and an irritated look plastered on his face.

"He didn't say hi back."

--------------

~NOWAAH's POV~

I was sitting in my trailer (doing what any normal person would do) when Millie burst into the room.

"Noah, what the fuck are you doing?" she yelled and knocked over a pile of books.

I looked at her, confused. "Sitting on my bed? Texting my mom? It's night time in her region-"

"I don't fucking care! What am I doing?"

I inhaled a deep breath of air. I knew this would take a long time. "What are you doing?"

"I don't fucking know anymore! It's just.." she jumped on my bed and grabbed my bag of chips out of my hands. "...stupid."

"Yes, it totally is stupid." I said, grabbing my chips back. "what did Sadie do?"

"Ah-ha! That's where you're wrong! It's not about what she did, but what she didn't do."

"Fine, what did she not do?"

"She didn't make it clear whether we were together or not!"

"Well, did you ask her?"

"Mmmh." she hummed in response.

"And what did she say?"

"She literally just said 'shut up and kiss me'. Like, what the hell?! That doesn't help with anything. But anyway, let's forget that subject for a while. Now," she stood up and started pacing. "do I ask her on a second date? Or, technically, a first date? If I want to go out with her, do I just ask? What'll she say? What if I'm not serious to her?"

"You know, you're a pretty entertaining person to watch."

"Shut up, Noah. Where was I? Right, what do I do?!"

I opened my mouth to answer, but my phone dinged and the screen lt up. There, in bold letters, was Dylan's name.

Dylan

I'm so glad we're talking again and you decided to move past what happened.

I quickly shot my hand out and covered my phone, but Millie already saw the name.

"Noah," she started. "what the hell? Texting your ex!"

"He said he was sorry! He explained what really happened the night of the party-"

"What do you mean what really happened?"

"It wasn't actually his fault. He told me what actually happened and then promied it wouldn't happen again."

"And you believed him?"

"Okay, why are you judging him so much? Why can't you just be happy for me for a moment?"

"It's not that I'm not happy for you,"

"'Then what is it? Millie, I know that you're worried about your sister, but I'm not like her-"

"This has nothing to do with my sister. I just..." she paused and sat next to me. "I don't want you to do something that will break your heart like how Paige is doing now. We both know that Tristen is an asshole and Paige is so obsessed with him. I don't want you to be obsessed over an asshole who's going to break your heart. Why were you keeping this from me anyway?"

I knew I would regret what I was about to say later. "Well, I don't have to tell you every last thing that happens in my life, do I?"

"What? What do you mean? I thought you were my best friend."

"Yeah, well, best friends don't basically keep tracking devices on each other. I didn't have to tell you about Dylan."

Her faced was masked with anger and dissapointment. She stood up and started walking to the trailer door.

"I don't know what's gotten into you, Noah, but I hope you're not acting this way over a stupid boy."

-----------------

A/N

Dedicating this A/N to Christabel:

I promise not to play field hockey unless it's with you❤️❤️❤️