Max's Party: Sadie's Version

~SADIES POV~

We all forgot the plans we made for Max's birthday and just decided to throw her the party. I wish we didn't.

Caleb had set up everything at his house. When he was done setting up, he came to hang out at my place for a while before we both went back to his house for the party.

Noah was already inside the house because, like all of us, he knew that there was a spare key in the bird house.

He a in the kitchen, on his phone but looked up when he saw us. "Hey guys." he said with a cheery smile.

"Hey Noah." we both said at the same time.

As we got closer to Noah, I noticed that he wasn't giving us a cheery smile. It was more like a 'I-messed-up-enough-for-you-to-get-angry-but-I-didnt-cause-that-much-damage-so-please-dont-get-angry' nervous smile.

Caleb noticed too because he narrowed his eyes at Noah and said "Noah, what did you do?"

Then he started talking. And when Noah starts confessing to his crimes, he doesn't stop. "So, remember how Max wanted a short guest list? Well, I invited a few celebrities that I could get in contact with but I thought there wouldn't be enough people and I asked Millie to invite any high profile celeb and she invited fricking Drake and Millie told him there wasn't enough people and then he invited a bunch of his buddies and the other celebrities I invited also invited some of their friends and now I don't know what to do and-"

"Noah, shut up for a moment" I said. "How many people are coming?"

"Well, probably about...507 people."

"Nowaahhhhh." me and Caleb groaned at the same time.

-------------------------

Later during the party

It was crowded outside the house, inside the house and upstairs. 'Party Monster' by The Weeknd was playing. I sat in front of the liquor table with a red cup in my hands, watching Gaten play beer pong against SHAWN FRICKIN MENDES.

My outfit was a simple pair of ripped jeans with a white shirt and a varsity jacket on. I was searching the room for any celebrities I could identify.

Sabrina Carpenter walked past Shawn Mendes. You can feel the tension from here.

Olivia Rodrigo walked down the stairs. If Olivia sees Sabrina, it's going to be a story that shakes the internet.

Am I delusional or is that THE ACTUAL Kendall Jenner? Even if she doesn't do anything tonight, there's going to be a story about her tomorrow. Since the Hailey and Selena drama, she's been involved in 70% more celebrity scandals.

Sydney Sweeney was there too. She waved at me with her million dollar smile. I waved back.

Minutes later, the front door opened. I saw who opened the door and turned around so she wouldn't recognize me the second she walked in. But she did. She walked up to me. She came and stood next to me.

"When are you going to stop avoiding me?" she asked, pouring herself a drink.

I didn't answer her question. Instead, I said "You're too young to drink."

"This is Australia. Legal drinking age is 18. Answer my question."

"Millie, I don't want to talk about it."

"Fine. Don't talk about it."

We stood in silence. 'Reminder' by The Weeknd started playing.

"If this was a romantic movie, we would be slow dancing right now." Millie said.

"You can slow dance to The Weeknd?" I chuckled.

"Wanna try?"

That was smooth.

I considered saying 'yes' for a moment. I had to stop myself from saying yes because it wouldn't end well.

"Fine, you don't want to dance with me, huh? Well you can't just sit here all night. Let me make this night fun for you." she looked around the room. Something caught her eye. "Want to play beer pong?"

"Sure."

We went to the table with the cups set in neat triangles. Gaten won the last game.

I started. It was the first shot so the ball landed in one of the cups easily. Millie downed the drink and threw the ball in one of my cups.

Minutes later, I had only 1 cup before Millie won. Millie had 4 cups left. I know I have bad aim, but this just sucks.

I tossed the ball and for the probably 100th time tonight, it bounced off the table. Millie caught it in time and tossed it back at me. It landed in the last cup. She won.

I went back to the table. Millie had a smirk on her face. I wish I could slap it right off. "I won." she taunted.

"Yup." I poured another drink.

"Should you really be drinking this much?"

"I'm a grown up and I can do what I want." I said, slurring my words a little bit. Everything started to blur. Everyone's voices started becoming distant sounds. I took kept drinking. I could distantly hear 'After Party' by Don Toliver playing.