Forgetting Joe

Eleven stared the giant demogorgon in front of her while thinking I've done this before, I can do it again.

Max and Ruby ran over to pry open the doors of the inactive elevator. The plan was for them to open the door and eleven would float the demogorgon into the empty elevator.

The demogorgon began running to eleven. She ran around the second floor of the hospital, stalling while Ruby and Max opened the doors. At one point the demogorgon caught up to her. It tried to grab her leg, only to slightly graze it before she scrambled out of its reach. Finally, the doors were open enough for it to fit.

With the last of her strength, eleven lifted the demogorgon and threw it into the elevator. Ruby and Max just managed to close it in time. Right when Ruby signaled it was closed, el dropped to the ground.

Max immediately ran over to her side.

Oh my god El, youre over bleeding." there was a huge scratch all the way down her leg. Max glanced at the pile of blood packs on the table. "Whats your type?

Eleven groaned before answering. blue eyes, red hair, California tan skin

CUT

*****

"That's not the line." Sadie laughed.

"I know." said Millie, pushing herself off the floor so they could start the scene over again.

The new cast member, Max, dusted herself off as well and opened the elevator doors again.

I really don't like Max. Ever since she got here, everyone has been obsessing over her. Like, literally. Sadie's birthday had barely passed when Max started crying about how we missed hers, like, how were we supposed to know it was her birthday?

The worst part is Matt and Ross even gave us a day off in her honor. What the fuck?

So they made a new holiday for a girl that no one's ever met before because they missed her birthday, but no one has even asked me a single question about my own birthday, and I've been with these guys since the first season!

I blame it all on bitchy little Max. I can't believe I also have to pretend to be friends with her. The Duffer brothers could've chosen anybody but her and I'd be happy.

Did my closest friends seriously forget my birthday?

Over some brand new season 5 bitch who doesn't even know Gaten's favorite color! Or Finn's favorite smell. Or Priah' favorite snack.

Green, because it looks good on him; Cigarette smoke becaue it reminds him of his band; if you ask Priah what her favorite snack is, she's going to say 'Me, cause I am a snack'.

A hand tapped my shoulder. "Hey Keery, you good?" Maya asked.

"Fucking peachy." I mumbled.

She laughed softly. "You don't look 'fucking peachy'. You look like you're writing a hit list for a school shootout. Are you okay?"

I stopped staring down Max and turned to Maya. "Is there anything in particular you would like to say to me? I don't know, maybe something that people would only say on this specific day?"

She looked at me, confused. "Joe, I really hope you're not suggesting the world might be ending, are you? Because I'd hate to be friends with a conspiracy nutjob-"

"Oh, so you don't have anything to say to me? Damn, Maya. I thought you were actually person I could trust." I shoved past her and walked away.

~MAX'S POV~