Call with Paige

~MILLIES POV~

After Noah left my trailer, I sat in silence and thought deeply about everything.

In 30 minutes, i have to be back on set for a scene (which will probably involve mostly my stunt double) and then I gotta text my mom so she knows im alive, then I got to talk to Jake- ugh! Jake! I haven't texted him since I got here. He must be going absolutely wild.

But when I checked my phone, there wasn't a single message from him. Not even a trace of concern. He even left my most recent message (from about a week ago) on deliver.

Fuck that.

I texted my mom and told her about how the first days back at work have been - minus the part about Elmax and Sadie - then I tossed my phone on to the bed. Just as I was about to leave, my phone buzzed a few times. I obviously instantly made a dive for it, thinking it was Jake with a good explanation as to why he isn't speaking to me.

I picked it up and looked at the screen. It isn't him.

"Hey Paige." I say, rubbing my face as I answer the phone.

"Mills, you will not believe who just asked me out!" said the other brunette with excitement in her voice.

"Mmh, who?" I pretended to show interest. Wait, what if that's what Sadie did? What if that's what she's been doing this whole time? Pretending to show interest? What I she's just playing with my feelings on purpose? I never considered the fact that this could all just be a game to her...

"Hey dooooork! Can you hear me?"

"Hmm? WHat? Oh! Sorry, what did you say?"

"Nothing just that TRISTEN MCADDAMS DM'D ME and ASKED ME OUT!"

"That's great, P. Uhh...who is Tristen Mcaddams?"

"Do you like, never listen to me at all?"

"Youre my sister, so, yeah."

She groaned. "Well, Tristen is this super hot guy I was like, super in love with in highschool."

"Wait, are you talking about the rich ass snob man-whore?"

"Don't call him that. He's sweet and considerate and nice-"

"He gave half the school stds! He has like, 5 kids and he has no idea they exist."

"You didn't let me finish. He's a kind person now. He's not the same person he was in highschool."

"I know that you like him, Paige, but....people don't just... change. They don't just wake up one day and decide to be a different person. Maybe he's just playing with your feelings."

"Hey, I supported you when you told me you were bi. I even kept it a secret from literally everyone. Not even Cadence knows. And Candence is literally my best friend."

She was mildly correct. She did support me when I told her, but she also told Cadence, which I told her not to do. She even had the nerve to lie to me about it.

"I just don't want you to get hurt-"

"That's what they all say. None of you actually know him. He's sweeter to me than all of you combined." She said before ending the call. I breathed deeply and sat in lonely silence for a while before my phone buzzed again. Finally, Jake texted.

I opened the messaging app, only to be disappointed because it wasn't Jake.

Finn

Hey

We're gonna do a scene in like 15 minutes

We need you

Millie

'kay

be right there

I plugged my phone on the charger and checked the time. I bolted out of the trailer, realising i have 13 minutes to put on outfits and makeup.

I sprinted throught the double door and checked the clock on the wall. 10 minutes. Winona looked at me weirdly as I was the only one who wasnt in costume.

Alyssa from hair & makeup rushed over to me. "Elevens flannel and jeans are that way." She said, pointing to a small door. "Go change in there and meet me in Room C19 right after." she was way less nicer than Amelia. I have no idea why Amelia left work in the first place. She was so much sweeter than Alyssa.

I did as Alyssa asked, and I was soon ready for the scene.

-------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Just a lil crappy update for the small community of people who decided to read this book:)