Chapter 8

Madelyn's POV: 

I was so drowsy I couldn't even hold my head up on my own. I felt my stomach grumble as a nurse helped me into the car. Chase buckled my seat belt and stroked my cheek.

"Are you ok, baby?" he asked

"Hmmm" I mumbled grogily. I could barely talk with all the gauze in my mouth.

"You did really good Maddie. We can go home and eat ice cream, how does that sound?" Chase added.

I nodded my head. My face was stained with tears from the past few hours. Chase said I cried a lot when I woke up saying I didn't have a tongue and weird things like that. Chase drove us home and helped me out of the car. With one hand under my arm, he helped me upstairs where he lay me down on the couch. Chase poured a glass of water for me and gave me a few painkillers.

"Just relax, ok? I'm right here if you need anything." He said.

"I have to pee," I said. He helped me to the bathroom and I closed my eyes on the toilet. I was so tired. After a few minutes, Chase came back in.

"Oh Maddie! You can't sleep here. Let me help you." He helped me wipe, pulled up my pants, and led me back to the couch where I took a 4 hour nap. When I woke up, Madison, Drew and Chase were all sitting on the other side of the couch looking at me. I was confused, and still a little drugged.

"Hi honey, how are you?" Madison asked.

"Hi, I didn't know you guys were coming. Don't look at me, I feel so ugly." I said covering my face.

"You look perfect," Drew added. "Just a little puffy but that's normal. I looked so much worse than you when I got mine out!" We all laughed. Madison cuddled up with me on the couch as we watched Love Island. Chase and Drew went out to run errands and get some dinner to bring home for all of us.

"Was is scary?" Madison asked curiously.

"Yeah, but I don't remember a lot of it," I replied.

"I'm proud of you, I know you were nervous." Madison said.

I smiled to the best of my ability. The medication was wearing off so my face began to ache.

After Madison and Drew went home, Chase ran a bath for me. I removed the bandaid from my arm where the IV was placed. I winced as it tore off my hair.

"Thank you," I said.

"For what?" Chase asked.

"For pampering me, you're too good to me." I replied.

"You deserve it, you've had a tough day." He said while testing the water temperature with his hands.

"I would kiss you but you're all bloody." He said pointing to my mouth. We both giggled. He took my hand and kissed it instead.

The next few days consisted of ice cream, smoothies, warm bubble baths and cuddles from Chase. It was nice not having to do anything.

My phone buzzed and I saw it was a call from my mom.

"How's my girl doing?" she asked.

"Good," I said."I feel better every day."

"That's great honey, it sounds like a fast recovery," she added, "I forgot to ask, how was your therapy session, was it ok?"

"Yeah, I don't really want to talk about it though." I was already emotional and didn't feel like filling my mom in on the details. "I'm seeing her again tomorrow. She wants me to see a psychiatrist." I said.

"Ok, well that might be good. It doesn't hurt to try it. Let me know if you need anything. Dad and I are here for you." She said.

After I hung up, Chase joined me on the couch.

"Are you ok to go to therapy alone tomorrow?" he asked.

"I think so, I might ask her to cut it a little short. I'm still really tired from the surgery and the painkillers." I said.

"Ok, well I'm here all day, I don't have work. Just let me know if you need me." he said.