Chapter 81

TW: Brief mentions of overmedicating 

Chase's POV:

Last week was Halloween and Madelyn and I had tons of fun. We went to a few get togethers with the babies and of course they were dressed as John B and Sarah from Outer Banks. All of our friends and family thought that the costumes were really funny.

This evening, we were headed to the airport to go to LA. I had an audition for a new TV show and a screen test for the new Superman movie. It was actually looking like I was going to get casted in something soon. I hadn't worked on anything since season 3 of Outer Banks, but I was itching to work on a movie or a show. I loved being home with Madelyn and the twins, but I also loved acting.

"Babe?" Madelyn called from the bathroom. "I'm taking a pill."

"Ok, thanks for telling me." I replied.

After Maddie's overmedicating incident, she had been talking to her therapist Carrie about it. The other week, Carrie wanted to talk to both of us. I was always hesitant to do this because I felt that Madelyn's therapy was a private thing, but Carrie knew that this affected both of us, so she wanted to hear my feelings as well. Instead of taking the anxiety medication away from Madelyn, it was decided that she would tell me every time she was taking a pill. It would not only help me trust her, but it would help Madelyn keep track of her medication taking as well. She was being honest with me and I appreciated that. This situation was not ideal, but I trusted her no matter what. I knew she wouldn't take a bunch of pills again, but we had to follow what Carrie ordered. Carrie was being lenient, she could've easily sent Madelyn right back to the mental health facility. 

We were all packed and ready to go to the airport in a few hours. Both Madelyn and I were worried since it was the twins' first flight. I was hoping that they would sleep for most of it, but they could be fussy at times so I was concerned that they would cry. Madelyn spent the morning and afternoon trying to keep James and Juliet awake so that they would stay asleep during the flight. It was proving to be a difficult challenge. James wouldn't stop crying, and Juliet wanted to be held at all times. 

"Are you ready Mads?" I asked as we were gathering our things.

She agreed and we ordered an Uber to the airport. We arrived with plenty of time to spare and Madelyn decided to breastfeed the babies before we got on the flight.

"You ok?" I asked after I noticed her picking at her fingers, something she did when she was anxious.

"I'm scared they're gonna cry the whole time." Madelyn replied.

"They're pretty tired though, I think they'll nap." I said, attempting to put her at ease.

"I hope so." Madelyn replied. I kissed her cheek and took Juliet from her after she was done feeding. We had them in the double stroller but transferred them into baby carriers. Madelyn was holding James and I was holding Juliet. We had priority boarding because we had babies but also because we were in first class. 

I held Madelyn's hand as we walked onto the plane. We got settled next to each other and the babies both began to nod off. I noticed a few people taking pictures of us as we boarded, but it wasn't anything too serious. Maddie and I were used that happening when we were in public, but it was harder now with the babies. We tried to cover their faces as much as possible.

Madelyn was less anxious than usual during take off, I assumed it was because she took her medication before leaving. I still held her hand because I knew she hated take off and landing. 

About 2 hours into the flight, James woke up and began to fuss. Juliet was still sleeping in my lap. Madelyn sighed and discreetly pulled up her shirt so he could feed. I covered her chest with a blanket for privacy.