Chapter 52

Chase's POV:

After Madelyn and I said our speeches, we were both in tears along with many of our friends and family members. Of course everyone was crying happy tears, but it was still very emotional. 

Then, it was time to seal the deal. Drew was called over with the rings, and Jeff, the officiator began the vows.

I placed my hands in Madelyn's and stared into her eyes. The sun was setting and the light was reflecting beautifully. Her big brown eyes looked hazel and her hair was golden and shining. She smiled at me with tears still in her eyes.

I could hear the waves crashing behind us and feel the sand beneath my feet getting colder.

"We will now begin the vows." Said Jeff.

Madelyn and I both took a deep breath, not breaking eye contact and squeezing each others hands tightly.

"Do you Chase, take Madelyn, to be your lawfully wedded wife?" He asked.

"I do." I replied.

"Repeat after me. I, Chase, promise to have and to hold you from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, I will love and cherish you." He said.

I repeated it slowly, taking every second of this moment in while placing the wedding band on her finger next to the engagement ring. Maddie smiled widely as I finished my vow.

"Do you Madelyn, take Chase, to be your lawfully wedded husband." Jeff asked again.

"I do." Madelyn said confidently.

"Repeat after me. I, Madelyn, promise to have and to hold you from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, I will love and cherish you." He said.

Maddie repeated the vow and exhaled deeply with relief as she slid the ring over my finger.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife! You may kiss your bride!" Jeff exclaimed excitedly.

I placed my hands on Madelyn's cheeks and gave her a passionate kiss. Everyone stood up and cheered.

My heart was beating so fast, this was the best moment of my life.

"I love you." She whispered to me as we finished kissing.

"I love you more, my beautiful wife." I replied.

The celebration continued at a restaurant on a small vineyard close by. Maddie and I danced together and we eventually tired each other out. The music slowed and we were all served dinner.

We ate at a table with both me and Maddie's parents, as well as my step parents, siblings, and Madison, Rudy, and Drew. Everything about this night was perfect. Everyone was so happy, and Madelyn and I could not stop smiling and kissing each other.

We watched as the whole table got up to dance after dinner. Maddie began to stand up to join some friends, but I stopped her.

"I have a surprise for you." I said with a cheeky smile.

"And what could that possibly be?" She asked with a giggle.

I knew Madelyn was disappointed that we weren't going to be able to go on a honeymoon right away because of our intense filming schedule. Two weeks ago, I begged our director Jonas to let me and Maddie have the whole week off so I could surprise her with a vacation. Astonishingly, he said yes even though we were on a really tight schedule. Jonas knew how hard this past year was for both of us, but especially Madelyn, and he wanted us to enjoy each other.