Chapter 11

TW: Mentions of self harm

Madelyn's POV:

The next morning was rainy. Chase and I cuddled in bed for an hour. We didn't say anything but we just stared into each others eyes. It was like we could have a whole conversation of just eye contact. I was feeling a lot better, I think the medication was starting to kick in and I had a burst of energy.

"Do you want to have sex?" I asked.

"Maddie," Chase said with a concerned look on his face, "Are you sure?" he asked.

"Chase it's ok, I feel ok." I reassured him.

He took my top off gently. Chase was still being very cautious around me like I was a glass doll who could break at any moment. We made out and began to have sex and then heard a knock on the door.

I got up to answer it. It was Madison standing in the door way with a bouquet of flowers and a bag of groceries.

"Hey, I wasn't expecting you!" I said surprised.

"Oh shit," Madison began, "I am interrupting something?"

"No it's fine, come in. I haven't seen you in forever." I said

I noticed Madison glancing down at my bare legs. I forgot to put on pants when I answered the door and my bandages were visible.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

"I'm actually really good today! I think the medication is working." I said cheerfully.

"Oh, hey Bails! What's up?" Chase said stumbling out of the bedroom in only boxers.

"Ok, I'm definitely interrupting something." Madison said. 

We all laughed but reassured her that it was ok. 

"We all miss you on set," She said.

I smiled. "What did you tell them about where I am?" I asked wondering if they all knew by now.

"Mono, I said you had mono." Madison said. "Look, I know it's really hard to talk about, but it might make you feel better to tell everyone what happened. It's your choice but I think they would all be supportive. I'm sure some of them have struggled with self harming behavior before, it's not uncommon." She said.

I hesitated, "You're right, I shouldn't be ashamed. I'll think about it." I said.

Chase massaged my shoulders and rested his chin on the top of my head. "It's up to you babe but we all support you no matter what." he said.

Madison made eggs for all of us and headed out after stocking our fridge with some groceries. Chase and I decided to do a workout video inside because it was rainy out.

"I think I'm gonna text everyone and tell them." I said.

"You sure? You know you don't have to." Chase asked.

"I'm sure, I think they deserve to know the truth." I said as I pulled out my phone. 

I clicked on the OBX group chat which consisted of me, Chase, Madison, Rudy, and JD and began typing. 

______________________________________________________

Me: Hey guys. So as you've all noticed by now, I've had the week off of filming. But I haven't had mono. There was a situation last week where I ended up harming myself and needed to be hospitalized. I am recovering and am on medication now, but I am doing good. I just wanted to let y'all know because I didn't want to lie and you guys deserve the truth. I love each and every one of you and can't wait to be back next week. <3333

Madison: I'm so proud of you Maddie. I'm so happy to hear that you are doing well. Please please never hesitate to reach out we are all here for you! I love you babe.

Rudy: Are you doing ok? Can I do anything for you? I'm here whenever you need me, Maddie. I can't wait to hug you next week.

JD: You're stronger than you think Maddie. We support you and miss you tons. Text if you need anything, I'm here for you.

Chase: <3 I love you

Rudy: Get a room

Me: hahahaha, I love you too Chase, thanks for taking care of me. I can't wait to see y'all.

________________________________________________________

I felt so much better, like a weight was lifted off of me. They were all so supportive and it made me realize that they really were my family. 

"I'm so so proud of you," Chase said. "Do you want to go out to eat?"

"Yeah, that sounds nice, you're too good to me." I replied.

He grabbed my waist from being and hugged me resting his chin between my neck and shoulder. 

"I can't wait to marry you one day, Mads." he whispered into my ear.

I was surprised but giddy. I smiled the brighter than I had in weeks.

"You make me so happy, you know that, right?" I asked.

"You took the words right out of my mouth," he said, "I love you Cline."

"I love you Stokes." I said.