Chapter 47

TW: Brief mentions of miscarriage and self harm

Chase's POV:

It was our second week of production and we had just starting filming the first few scenes of season 3 the other day. Madelyn and I were 2 weeks out from our wedding, and everyone was getting really excited. I knew Maddie was excited too, but she seemed so tired recently. It didn't seem like tired in a depressed way, but just tired like exhausted. We had a busy schedule and we were both waking up early everyday, but her tiredness appeared extreme. 

It was the morning and I had been up for a few minutes already to make coffee. Madelyn was still sleeping so I decided to wake her up, because I knew she would want some time to shower and get ready before we had to go to set.

I gently caressed her arm.

"Mads, baby." I whispered.

She didn't budge.

"Baby, it's time to get up." I said louder.

I moved her hair behind her ears and swiped my thumb across her cheek. She slowly opened her eyes and immediately yawned.

"Good morning sleepyhead." I said.

She groaned.

"C'mon, I have coffee waiting for you." I told her.

Madelyn closed her eyes and rolled over.

I watched as she slowly drifted back to sleep. I paused for a moment and then nudged her shoulder. She abruptly opened her eyes.

"Stop." She moaned quietly.

"You have to get up or we're going to be late." I replied.

I waited for a response but she didn't say anything.

"You ok Mads? Are you not feeling good?" I asked trying to figure out why she was so tired.

"I just wanna sleep." She replied quietly.

"I know babe." I said.

After a few minutes of Maddie repeating to fall back asleep and me waking her up, I managed to get her to take a shower. She seemed off, but I couldn't tell if it was just our busy schedule that was draining her. 

I heard the shower start to run and I decided to check on her. I quietly entered the bathroom and took my clothes off. I pulled back the curtain and Maddie jumped.

"You scared the shit out of me Chase!" She scolded.

"Sorry, well at least that woke you up..." I teased.

She closed her eyes and let the water fall onto her face.

"Can I join you?" I asked.

She nodded and moved closer to the wall to make room for me.

I didn't notice any new scars on her body so I could eliminate Maddie self harming as the issue here.

"These look bigger..." I said with a wink, surprised at how plump her breasts looked. I reached out to touch one of them.

Madelyn winced and stepped back.

"Sorry, did I hurt you? Are you ok?" I asked worriedly.

"Yeah I'm fine. My period is probably coming, they're sensitive." She replied.

"Sorry...are you sure you're ok?" I asked.

"I'm ok. I do need some coffee though." Madelyn said.

We both laughed and I hugged her from behind, trying carefully to avoid touching her boobs.