Chapter 66

Madelyn's POV:

2 Months Later

The past two months had been busy and relaxing at the same time. Chase and I set up and decorated the nursery. We bought bassinets, carseats, cribs, diapers, and everything else that we would need. We still hadn't decided on names yet, we thought that once they arrived, we could see which names fit them.

Chase was being really sweet to me, not that he wasn't sweet all the time though. He made sure that I was sleeping and eating enough. Chase and I went on slow strolls every evening. It was July, so the days were really hot, but the nights were nice and breezy. Because I was on bedrest, I wasn't allowed to do any other strenuous exercise, but Dr. Kelly said I could still do short walks. Those walks were my favorite part of the day. Chase and I would hold hands and he would walk slow enough for me, and we'd just talk about things. It was getting harder to do a lot of movement each day.

I was 34 and a half weeks today. We had scheduled a C-section for 37 weeks. Dr. Kelly predicted that the twins would be early, so she recommended we induce labor at 37 weeks instead of waiting for them to be full term.

That night, Chase and I went on one of our regular walks around the neighborhood. It was really nice, the sun was going down and the air was getting cooler. He placed his hand on my lower back as we moved. I was dressed funny because I never bought any maternity clothes, I had mainly been wearing Chase's clothes which he wasn't too happy about. I was wearing one of his big t-shirts and shorts.

"Are we going too fast? Are you ok?" Chase asked.

"I'm good babe." I replied.

Suddenly, I felt an intense pain in my lower stomach and my shorts were wet. I stop walking and held my belly.

"What happened?" Chase asked.

I inhaled sharply. Was I going into labor? I thought to myself.

"Did you just pee yourself?" Chase asked with a giggle, looking at my wetted shorts.

I took a deep breath and held onto his arms to try to steady myself.

"Chase..." I said breathlessly. "I think my water just broke."

His facial expression changed immediately.

"Fuck." He whispered. Dr. Kelly said they would be early, but we were still 3 weeks out from my scheduled c-section.

I began to cry out of nervousness and anticipation. Chase snapped out of his shocked state and gently caressed my arm.

"You're ok, are you in any pain?" He asked worriedly.

"Yeah, it feels like last time." I said, talking about my false contractions a few months ago. Tears were streaming down my face and he wiped them away.

"Ok, can you walk?" He asked.

I nodded and we walked home, quicker this time. We were only a block away so we arrived at the house after a few minutes.

"I'll be right back. Take some deep breaths Mads." Chase said after helping me into the car. I held my belly and leaned my head back while closing my eyes. My heart was beating fast, but I was trying to stay calm. It would be really bad if I went into a panic attack right now, so I was trying to regulate my breathing.

Chase exited the house a few moments later with a bag of clothes for me, and anything else I might need. He handed me a towel once he got in the car to clean up the fluids on my legs.

"Doing ok?" He asked while backing out of the driveway.

I breathed out. "Not really, it hurts." I whispered.