Chapter 49

Chase's POV:

We were a little over a week away from our wedding and Madelyn was a mess. Madelyn and I suspected that she was about 5 weeks along already, possibly even six weeks pregnant. We'd figure out for sure when we go to the doctor in 2 weeks.

The pregnancy had just started effecting Maddie's body. She was tired more, emotional, and really hormonal. She was having major mood swings, but nothing too depressive.

We were on set early that morning. We had to film a scene all together and I waited in Maddie's trailer as she finished getting ready.

"Are you taking pictures of me right now?" Madelyn asked in an accusatory tone as I snapped a few candids of her in her makeup chair.

"Maybe." I replied.

"Can you delete them? I feel really ugly right now." She said.

"Aw baby, you look beautiful. Don't say that." Chase reassured me.

She blushed and tried to hide her smile.

A few seconds later, Maddie turned pale and gagged. After processing what was happening, she ran for the toilet. I quickly followed behind her and hesitantly approached her bent over body to hold her hair. 

I knelt down beside Madelyn and gently stroked her back. 

"Shhh, you're ok baby." I whispered.

Maddie moaned and raised her head from out of the toilet bowl.

"Now I feel really ugly." Maddie said referring to her earlier comment.

"Yeah, you look a little uglier." I joked playfully.

Maddie laughed and held her stomach. I helped her up and wiped her face with a towel.

"Do you need to go home?" I asked her.

"No, I think I'm ok. I feel better already." She replied.

"Ok, let me know if you need anything. I don't want you working if you're feeling too sick." I responded.

She nodded and gave me a small hug.

Rudy and Madison greeted us outside the trailer to walk to set.

"What took you guys so long?" Rudy asked.

I looked to Maddie and we made eye contact but didn't say anything.

"Oh shit, you guys were fucking, weren't you..." Madison teased.

"Shut up." I joked.

We were done filming the scene after a couple hours and Maddie and I decided to head home to take a rest because we were so tired. She was especially tired, psychically and mentally.

Maddie laid down on the ground when we got home to stretch out. I laughed and walked passed her sprawled out body.

I came back into the main area after using the bathroom and noticed her asleep on the floor in the same position she was in earlier. 

I smiled and snapped a picture to laugh at later before kneeling down beside her.

"Mads." I whispered.

"Maddie, let me get you to bed. This is not gonna be comfortable." I said.

She moaned and grunted as I poked her arm. I slid my arm under her body to pick her up. Maddie hung effortlessly in my arms as I stood up to transfer her to the bed.