Chapter 72

Madelyn's POV:

The twins only awoke twice in the night which was a new record. I fed them the first time, and Chase fed them the second. I woke up in the morning feeling very refreshed. Chase's parents were coming over soon to watch the twins for an hour or two. We were invited out to lunch by Rudy and Drew because we hadn't hung out with just them in a while, and Rudy was moving back to LA soon. Madison couldn't come or watch the babies because she was visiting family in North Carolina.

I was worried about leaving the twins, even though it was only for a short time. But I trusted Chase's parents, and he tried to convince me that they would be fine. They probably wouldn't even wake up during the time we were gone.

"Babe, we have to go. We're going to be late." Chase called.

I put my shirt back on since I was feeding the twins. I walked downstairs and saw Chase with his parents. Chase would always say that things were weird between them since the divorce, but I never saw any awkward interactions or coldness among the two.

"They just ate, so they should be fine. The baby monitor is in the living room." I told Chase's mom Jennifer.

Chase could tell that I was still nervous about this situation. He rubbed my arm as his parents assured us that they would be ok with the babies.

"Mads, they'll be fine." He said calmly.

"I know." I replied, but I wasn't convinced. We had never left them with anyone else for more than a few minutes. 

We thanked his parents and drove to the restaurant.

We arrived before Drew and Rudy.

"See, we're not late!" I said to Chase, who was in a rush to leave the house earlier.

He laughed, and we spotted Drew and Rudy a few moments later. We hugged both of them and sat down.

"I can't believe I'm not gonna see J and J for a while." Rudy said, referring to the twins.

"Ew, don't call them that." I joked.

"What? It's cute..." Rudy replied.

"Don't worry, we'll send you lots of pictures and videos of them." Chase said.

Once we were eating our food, I noticed the table next to us. It was a group of guys who looked like they were in their early twenties. They started to give me weird looks and were whispering, but I tried to ignore it.

Chase got up to go to the bathroom, and the guys started talking louder. I didn't want to listen, but I could hear them. They were talking about my body...loudly. They wanted my attention, they wanted me to hear them.

"Ignore them." Drew whispered. Rudy didn't notice because he was at the other end of the table and wouldn't stop talking.

My eyes began to sting. What they were saying was so hurtful. I kept hearing the words fat, ugly, chubby, and things that were even worse.

I quickly stood up and walked out of the restaurant.

Tears began to drip onto my cheeks. Usually I would be able to keep myself somewhat together when I was receiving hate, but this was to my face. No one was hiding behind a screen cyberbullying, they were right in front of me and purposely made sure that I heard them.

I stood outside at the side of the restaurant. I felt muscly arms wrap around my neck from behind and I gasped quietly. It was Drew. I didn't realize that he had followed me.