Chapter 44

TW: Mentions of self harm

Madelyn's POV:

By the time we arrived at our hotel, it was 5 PM. We brought our luggage up to the room and admired how nice it was. There was a bottle of champagne and a note sent by one of the producers of NYFW sitting on the table.

It wrote: Madelyn, we can't wait to see you. Thanks for joining us this week! XO, NYFW team. 

I took off my sweatshirt and Chase swiftly grabbed my waist from behind. I was startled but quickly started laughing.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

Chase pushed me onto the bed and moved the hair out of my face.

"You look so beautiful." He said. I blushed and smiled.

After a few kisses, Chase removed his clothing and then mine...

About an hour later, after I showered, Chase and I decided to order in some Chinese food.

"I'm so hungry." He said as we waited for the delivery.

"You're still hungry even after all of that?" I teased while pointing to myself referring to our sex earlier.

He laughed and kissed my cheek.

We ate our Chinese food in bed while watching Legally Blonde, my pick of course. 

"They just told me that I get a plus one for all of the events." I said turning to Chase with my email opened on my phone. "Care to join me?" I joked.

"It would be an honor." He joked back.

"You don't have to come to all of the events with me if you don't feel up to it." I said.

"Mads, I'm ok. I promise. I'll come with you." Chase reassured me.

"Good." I said while putting my hand on his thigh.

I woke up the next morning to Chase stroking my hair and putting it behind my ear. I was surprised because recently he had been sleeping in a lot, but he was awake before me this time. 

"Good morning beautiful." He said.

"Hi babe." I whispered while rubbing my eyes. 

We had to be at a runway event in 2 hours, and we planned to get bagels before because what was New York City without a good bagel? Plus I needed to figure out my outfit and makeup, so I already felt stressed as soon as I woke up. We had to leave in about an hour. We probably should've woken up earlier. 

I pulled the covers off of me revealing my pants-less body. Chase put his arm around my thighs and brought me closer to him. He caressed my upper leg.

"Your scars are fading." Chase said quietly.

I was caught off guard by this comment. I knew he meant it as a good thing, but I wasn't used to him talking about my scars. He swiped his fingers over the faint white lines on my upper thigh.

Realizing that I hadn't responded, Chase froze and had a worried expression on his face. 

"Sorry, I shouldn't of brought it up." He said.

 I forced a small smile. 

"It's ok." I replied. "I should get ready." I said while getting out of bed.

I tried to hide any signs that I was triggered. I actually hadn't thought about self harming or my scars in a while, and now it was at the front of my mind. It was a good thing that my scars were fading, I hated them. I hated how I felt insecure in short shorts and dresses, I hated how much makeup I've used to try and cover them up, and I hated when I could feel people looking at my thighs or wrists. But my mind was trying to convince me that if my scars faded, I wouldn't have any proof of the pain I went through. In the past, every time a scar faded, I would add new ones, but I couldn't do that anymore, I was finally better and I couldn't ruin it.