Chapter 62

Chase's POV:

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed. Madelyn wasn't next to me and the blankets were ruffled.

"Maddie?" I called before getting out of bed.

"Mads!" I shouted louder.

I walked into the kitchen and found her tightly gripping the counter top edge and squeezing her eyes shut.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I said as I approached her.

She didn't respond. I rubbed her back gently.

"You ok?" I asked.

She exhaled shakily.

"Are you nauseous?" I asked.

Madelyn slowly nodded and breathed in and out through her mouth.

"Are you going to throw up?" I said.

"I don't know." She whispered.

I took the scrunchie from her wrist and gathered the hair off of her face into a low bun. 

"Ok, it's ok. Do you want water?" I asked quietly.

Maddie nodded and I poured her a glass of water. I rustled in the cabinets until I found the anti-nausea medication she was given for the morning sickness.

"Here." I said as I handed her the water and the pill.

"Thank you." Maddie whispered.

"Take slow sips baby." I said.

We stood in the kitchen as Madelyn sipped the water and took deep breaths. I held her waist in my hands. 

"Feeling better?" I asked after a few minutes.

"Mm-hmm." She replied. Madelyn nuzzled her head into my shoulder. I hugged her tightly and kissed the side of her head.

"You ok to work today?" I posed.

"Yeah. We're leaving early anyway for my appointment." She replied. Maddie had her 20 week ultrasound today to check up on the babies.

I was worried about Madelyn. I knew she wanted me to treat her as "normal", but I couldn't. She was pregnant with twins and getting bigger everyday. Maddie struggled at different points throughout the day and I needed to help her through them, I couldn't just sit back and watch her suffer. Her mood was pretty decent, but the pregnancy was taking a toll on her physically.

We got to set and changed into our costumes.

"I want to talk to Jonas about something, can you come with me?" Madelyn asked as we were walking to the hair and makeup trailer.

"Yeah, what is it?" I asked, worried about what she needed to tell the director.

She didn't respond and we walked hand in hand to where Jonas was.

"Hi!" Madelyn said to Jonas with a big smile. 

"Hey guys! What's up?" He asked.

"I wanted to talk to you about something." She replied.

"Shoot!" Jonas said.

Madelyn relaxed her stomach revealing the baby bump.

"I don't think I can keep sucking this in." Maddie said with a sigh.

"Oh my goodness. I didn't realize you were holding it in the whole time!" Jonas said, surprised at how big Maddie's bump had gotten.

Madelyn was wearing denim shorts, part of Sarah's costume. They appeared super tight and uncomfortable as soon as she stopped sucking in her stomach.