Chapter 17

TW: Miscarriage/Blood

Madelyn's POV:

Today was my 8th week of pregnancy. Last week, Chase and I went back to the doctors to make sure everything was going according to plan, it was. We still hadn't told anyone else about it. It was hard keeping it quiet on set, I loved sharing big news, but I knew I wasn't ready yet. At least I wouldn't be showing for a while so I had some time with just me, Chase, and baby before telling the public.

I had finally passed the morning sickness phase. I was so glad because I always felt disgusting afterwards and I also had to make up excuses for what was happening on set. My most convincing excuse was that it was my medication that was making me nauseous. Everyone believed me.

It was a Saturday. Chase had just gotten back from the gym and I was relaxing on the couch. Literally just existing wiped me out. Pregnancy is super weird.

"Hey," Chase began, "How are you feeling?"

"Sooo tired." I said while sighing.

"Nap time?" He asked.

"Maybe..." I was stubborn and never liked to take naps because it messed up my sleep schedule. I made an exception because I also had a baby in my belly and I began walking towards the bedroom.

"Ah!" I winced and inhaled sharply. I felt a cramp in my lower stomach.

"What's wrong?" Chase asked as he rushed to my side.

"I'm fine, it's just a cramp." I replied while entering the bedroom.

"How about I run a bath for you? It might help the cramps." He asked. I nodded and he walked into the bathroom and let the tub fill with warm water.

"Thank you," I said as I began to undress.

I felt all my muscles relax as I stepped into the tub. I slowly laid down and let the warm water reach my ears. I closed my eyes for a little bit but tried not to fall asleep. When I opened my eyes, I noticed the bath water was discolored. That's weird, I thought to myself. I sat up to investigate and realized it was blood. I slowly reached my hand in between my legs and discovered that it was the source. I gasped.

"Chase?!" I yelped. He burst through the door and I could tell that he was sitting right outside the bathroom the whole time.

"Are you ok?" He questioned before noticing the color of the water. His face dropped. "Are you bleeding?" He asked worriedly and ran to my side. I nodded, my eyes grew wider and I started to feel lightheaded.

"Is it coming from-" He asked before I interrupted him, "Yeah," I said quietly. I gulped and stood up. The blood was now leaving my body in a steady flow, dripping down my thighs. Chase helped me out of the tub and sat me on the toilet, drying me off. I accidentally left bloody handprints and smears all over the tub and the toilet.

"It's ok Maddie, I'm gonna call the doctor." He said. My heart was beating faster. I sat on the toilet feeling helpless. As Chase held the phone up to his ear waiting for the doctor to pick up, I ripped a couple sheets of toilet paper and wiped it in between my legs. There was a lot of blood. Chase didn't leave my side. He sat on the bathroom floor with his hand stroking my knee.

"Hi, I think I have an emergency." Chase stated over the phone. "My girlfriend is pregnant and she's bleeding a lot from that area." I could hear the quiet mumble of the nurse asking questions. I held the blood soaked toilet paper up to show him and he mouthed Oh shit. "She's 8 weeks," he continued. "The ER?" he questioned with a concerned look on his face. "Ok, thank you." he finished and then hung up the phone.