Chapter 32

Chase's POV: 

It's been about a month since I first brought up moving to LA. We got news that OBX season 3 was starting filming sooner than we thought, so we decided against the move. Plus, I wanted Maddie to be happy and I knew she'd be happier at home. In fact, Maddie has never been happier. Since neither of us were working at the moment, we had time to do things we loved like going to the beach, hanging out with friends and family, going on trips, and relaxing. I noticed that Maddie had become more smiley, I loved seeing her smile and it made me happy realizing that it was genuine.

Maddie and I slept in that morning until about 10 AM. I turned over to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. She smiled with her eyes still closed.

"Good morning beautiful." I said.

"Hi." She said quietly while opening her eyes.

"I'm making breakfast, what do you want?" I asked.

"You decide." She said. Maddie turned over in bed and quickly fell back asleep. I was surprising her with a massage and spa day today. Not only did she deserve it, but I had a super special and secret thing to do.

About 20 minutes later, Maddie stumbled out of the bedroom rubbing her eyes. She was not a morning person. I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her waist.

After we ate our eggs and toast, I let her know about the relaxing day to come.

"Guess what?" I said.

"What?" She asked.

"I scheduled a massage and facial for you today." I replied.

Her face lit up. "Really?" She asked.

"Yeah, get dressed." I chuckled while looking at her pants-less body.

Maddie laughed. "Thank you, I love you." She said.

After Maddie left, I changed into nicer clothes and headed to my car. I picked up three coffees and a bouquet of tulips on the way. When I arrived, I nervously took a deep breath and stepped out of the car. I had about 2 hours to do this before Maddie got home. I began to sweat but ignored it and knocked on the door.

"Chase?" Maddie's mom Pam said as she opened the door.

"Hi!" I replied. Pam looked confused.

"Is Maddie here with you?" She asked.

"No, but can you not tell her I'm here?" I said quickly.

"Is everything ok?" Pam asked with a concerned look. Maddie's dad Mark emerged from the other room.

"More than ok..." I responded. "I wanted to talk to y'all about something." 

"Sure, come in." She said hesitantly. 

"I brought coffee." I said while handing the cups to them as well as the bouquet of flowers.

We sat down on the couch in the living room.

"How are things?" Mark asked.

"Really good. Sorry, I'm nervous, I have a little speech planned..." I stuttered.

Pam giggled. "A speech?" She asked.

"Yeah, well, I wanted to ask you guys something really important." I began.

"What is it?" Pam asked.

I took a deep breath. "Maddie is the best person I've ever met. I love her more than anything in the world."

Mark smiled knowing the direction this was going in, but Pam still looked confused.

"We've been through a lot together, and we've experienced some really amazing things as well as hard things too. But she's the reason I wake up in the morning, she's the reason for my smile and my laughs, and I never ever want to be without her. I love Maddie so much, and I'll always love her no matter what. So with that being said, I wanted to ask both of you if I can ask Madelyn to marry me." My face was red and my heart was beating fast awaiting a response.

Pam squealed with excitement and suddenly began to tear up. Mark was speechless.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so emotional. What you said was beautiful!" Pam said.

Pam and Mark looked at each other momentarily and turned back to me. 

"Chase, we've been waiting for this day for 3 years!" Mark said. 

"Welcome to the family!" Pam said excitedly. She quickly stood up and embraced me in a tight hug. Mark hugged me right after.

"Thank you for making our daughter so happy." He said.

"We love you Chase." Pam whispered. 

I exhaled with relief. I noticed that I had been crying too. I wiped the tears off of my face.

"Your approval means a lot to me. Thank you." I said. Pam held the side of my cheek and smiled.

"Do you have a ring?" Mark asked.

I shook my head. "I was actually hoping that you could help me with that. I'm not great with jewelry." I replied.

"Of course!" Pam said.

"When are you planning on proposing?" Mark asked.

"In 2 weeks I think. I want to ask her on the beach. It's always been a special place for us. Maybe at sunset?" I suggested.

"That sounds wonderful!" Pam replied. "How about we go ring shopping next week?"

"Perfect!" I responded. "I want it to be a surprise so I haven't asked Maddie what type of ring she would want, do you have any idea?" I asked.

"Maddie likes simple jewelry, nothing too bulky or shiny. I think she'd probably like a sleek gold band with one diamond." Pam replied.

I smiled. "Sounds like a plan, I'll make an appointment at the jewelers for next week." I said.

"This is so exciting, I don't know how I'm supposed to keep this a secret!" Mark joked.

Pam playfully slapped his arm. "Keep your lips sealed!" She said.

We all hugged again before I left.

"See you next week!" I shouted as I walked out the door.

I raced home so I was there before Maddie. I didn't want her to be suspicious. I had so much energy and excitement, so I decided to go to the gym to let it all out. I left a note for Maddie on the counter, which was something I did every time I left.

"At the gym, see you soon. I love you baby!" I wrote. 

When I got back, I noticed Maddie sleeping on the couch with a book still in her hands. I laughed quietly. Even the little things she did always made me smile. I snapped a quick photo and hopped in the shower. 

I felt a sudden breeze of cold air and jumped. When I turned around, Maddie was standing there naked.

"Can I come in?" She asked with a small smile.

"Hey sleepyhead. How was your massage?" I asked while taking ahold of her hand to help her into the shower.

"Really good. I'm so relaxed." She replied. I gave her a hug in the shower. 

"I missed you." I said quietly.

I planted my lips on hers as the warm water fell from above. There was nowhere else I would've rather been. This was heaven.