Chapter 45

TW: Brief mentions of self harm

Madelyn's POV:

Chase seemed to be in a good mood that morning. He was awake before me and actually ate breakfast with me. We stopped at a nearby bagel shop before making our way over to the first runway event. Despite the situation that happened in the bathroom earlier, I felt a little bit better knowing that Chase was happy.

We walked hand in hand down the street. It was slightly chilly, and I was wearing short sleeves so Chase gave me his jacket.

"You look really nice." Chase said while eyeing my outfit.

I smiled. "So do you." I replied.

We arrived at the venue without any fans stopping us or recognizing us which felt like a nice break. I could tell that Chase was relieved. 

A few minutes after we sat down, Chase poked my shoulder and whispered in my ear. "Look, that's Gigi Hadid." 

I laughed quietly. I thought it was funny how Chase and I still got nervous around celebrities even though we technically were celebrities too. 

"I know. Go say hi." I joked.

Chase stood up.

"Oh my god, I was joking. Sit down." I demanded while chuckling.

The next hour was really fun. I had never been to an official fashion show, so it was so cool to see everyone in their amazing outfits.

We left to go to lunch. As Chase and I were walking, I noticed a familiar face from afar. He was waving.

"My eyesight is so bad...who is that?" I asked Chase.

He paused for a moment and squinted.

"Holy shit! Is that Rudy?" Chase exclaimed.

"No, it can't be. He's in Charleston." I said.

"It's him, I swear!" Chase said.

As the blonde man got closer, he started to do a silly walk.

"Ok yeah, that's definitely Rudy." I said.

Him and Chase starting running towards each other, even though they had just been together a couple days ago. I decided to let them have their moment and caught up to them as they were hugging.

"What are you doing here!?" I asked excitedly.

"New York Fashion Week, baby!" He shouted.

"Really? Us too!" I said.

"No way! Why didn't you guys tell me?" He asked.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Chase teased.

"We were just heading to lunch, do you want to come?" I asked. 

"Sure!" Rudy replied.

The three of us walked to an Italian restaurant and sat down. We all caught up and talked about the events we were going to the next few days. As we were waiting for our food to come, I got a text from Carrie.

Carrie: I'm available now, do you want to call me?

Me: Yeah, one second.

"I'll be right back." I told the guys.

"You ok?" Chase asked.

I nodded and walked out of the restaurant to call Carrie.