Chapter 53

Chase's POV: 

"There's two babies..." The doctor replied with a smile. 

The noise in the room suddenly stopped.

"Twins?!" I asked, my heart racing.

"Twins!" Dr. Kelly responded. "That's baby A, and right there is baby B." She said while pointing to the two different blobs on the screen.

I looked over at Madelyn who appeared expressionless.

"We're having twins!" I whispered.

"I can't even process this right now." She said with a faint smile.

"It's a lot to take in, I know. But both babies look healthy! I'll print out the ultrasound images for you guys to have. Because this is a higher risk pregnancy due to multiples, we'll see you in 4 weeks for a check up and another ultrasound." Dr. Kelly informed us.

"Thank you." Madelyn replied while sitting up to wipe the gel off of her stomach. She was still tightly squeezing my hand.

"Congratulations, I'll see you in about a month!" The doctor said while handing us the images and exiting the room.

"Wow." I said once we were alone in the room together.

"Yeah." She whispered.

I could tell something was wrong. Either Maddie was upset or in shock from this surprising news. I was excited but really astonished that we'd be having 2 babies at the same time.

Once we got back to the car, Madelyn sighed deeply with her hands over her small bump.

"This is good news...right?" She asked with an unsure look on her face.

I didn't respond but gave her an encouraging smile. Tears welled up in her eyes suddenly and she began to cry. I placed my hand on top of hers.

"It's ok Mads." I reassured her.

"No, it's not ok." She cried, mascara streaming down her cheeks. "We're gonna have to move, and I'm gonna be huge before we're even done filming, and I don't even know how I'm gonna take care of one child let alone two, and-" Maddie wailed before I interrupted her. She was beginning to panic.

"Hey, hey, Maddie. Take a deep breath." I told her.

She shakily breathed in and out, tears still falling down her face.

"I know that this isn't what we expected, and it's shocking. In all honesty, I'm scared too. But we have each other, and our families and friends, it's gonna be ok." I said while rubbing her hands.

She nodded and wiped some of the tears away.

"I'm just overwhelmed." She replied.

"I know." I whispered. "I know. We can start looking for houses immediately, and we'll let Jonas know, I'm sure we can make something work." I said. Maddie and I weren't planning on moving right away to begin with. Our apartment was small but it could fit us and a baby, but now that there were two babies, it would be too cramped and crowded. We needed a bigger space.

"Do you want to reschedule our trip?" I asked Maddie referring to our honeymoon that we were leaving for tomorrow.

"No, I want to go." She replied.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to overwork yourself, and we just got really surprising news..." I said.

"Chase, I want to go. We should enjoy ourselves before I blow up like a balloon." Madelyn said while chuckling.

"Ok, then we'll go." I replied.