Chapter 33

TW: Injury and blood

Chase's POV:

It was the weekend that Pam and I decided to go ring shopping. Madison was visiting us for a couple days from LA too. I had told Madison about my proposal plan a couple days before and she was so excited. She planned to have a day out of lunch and shopping with Madelyn so I could go to the jewelers without being too secretive. 

"I'll see you later!" Maddie shouted as she walked out the door with Madison.

"Don't have too much fun without me, I love you!" I joked.

After I saw her car leave, I quickly got myself together and headed to the jewelers to meet Pam.

"Chase!" She said waving me over.

"Hi!" I replied while giving her a hug. 

We looked at a couple rings and finally found the perfect one. It was a skinny gold band with one diamond in the middle, simple but timeless and beautiful.

"I think this is the one..." I said with a soft smile.

Pam squeezed my hand. "It's perfect, she's gonna love it." She replied.

After I paid for it, Pam and I had coffee before I returned home. I took the small velvet box and hid it in a shoebox that was in one of my drawers. I smiled and took a deep breath before I closed the drawer. I was so excited, I could hardly wait another week and a half.

Madelyn's POV:

Madison visiting for the weekend was really exciting. I hadn't seen her since we did press for OBX. We shopped around Charleston all afternoon and ended up at one of the restaurants we used to go to a lot when we were filming season 2. 

"So how are things?" Madison asked.

"We've been talking all day, what do you mean how are things!?" I joked. Madison laughed.

"But seriously, how are you doing?" She asked.

"I'm really good. I'm happy." I replied with a wide smile. 

"That's amazing." Madison responded.

"But I miss you...a lot." I said.

"I know, I miss you so much. I'll be back in a couple months for season 3 though!" She said.

We ate our food and headed to my car to go home. Madison and I placed our shopping bags in the trunk. I was distracted for a moment and didn't see Madison begin to close the trunk door. Suddenly, I was hit hard in the face by the sharp edge of the trunk door.

Surprised about the metal face smack, I gasped and quickly reached my hand up to hold the spot that was hit.

"Oh shit, oh my god. Mads are you ok? Holy shit I'm so sorry." Madison said while beginning to panic. She rushed to my side and took my hand off of the impact spot.

I felt something warm and wet on my eyebrow and when I looked at my hand, there was a lot of blood. 

"Maddie I'm so sorry, the door came down fast, I didn't mean to hit you with it." Madison said while reaching into her pocket for a tissue. She pressed down on my forehead with the tissue and I winced. 

"It's ok, I'm fine. It'll probably just be a little bruise." I replied.

"Mads, no. It's bleeding a lot. Can you get in the car so I can see it better?" She asked.

I began to walk to the drivers side door but Madison stopped me. 

"Go in the passengers seat. Let me handle this." She said.