Chapter 59

Madelyn's POV: 

We both gasped.

"It's a boy and a girl!" I exclaimed excitedly.

"Holy shit! No way!" Chase shouted.

We hugged each other tightly. Neither one of us wanted to let go.

"I'm so excited Mads." Chase whispered into my ear.

"Me too babe." I replied.

We stayed in a hugging position on the couch for what felt like forever. I eventually had to break the hug to go to the bathroom because pregnancy bladder was real. I took a picture of myself in the mirror because I actually looked pregnant. Not heavily, but the small bump was growing. I decided to send it to my parents. They were really excited about this new chapter in my life and wanted all of the updates. My mom responded saying I looked beautiful and was glowing which made me smile.

"Hey babe?" I called out to Chase.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"You wanna do that dinner party tonight?" I asked.

"Sure, are you up for it?" He asked, concerned if this morning took too much of a toll on me.

"Yep." I replied.

"Ok, I'll text everyone now. I'm sure they can all make it." He said. Most of our friends were OBX cast members and they didn't really have anything going on besides filming, so they could probably all come. 

A few minutes later, it was confirmed that everyone was available.

Chase and I spent the afternoon making pizzas and salad while dancing to music in the kitchen. I practically forgot about all of the anxiety I had earlier and just felt carefree and happy.

Madison arrived early to help us set up.

"You two look so happy right now, what happened?" Madison joked.

Chase and I looked at each other with do you want to tell her faces. He nodded.

"We know the genders." I said quietly.

"No way..." Madison said. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"Yeah maybe we should wait." I said. I kind of wanted everyone to know at the same time, especially because Madison found out about the pregnancy and that it was twins before everyone else.

"Is this dinner what I think it is?" Madison asked.

"If you're asking if we're telling everyone about the babies, then yes!" I replied.

She hugged me tightly and kissed the side of my head.

"I love you both." Madison said.

"I'm so nervous." Chase said before everyone was supposed to arrive.

"Me too, but I'm mostly excited." I replied.

"I'm freaking out." Madison said and we all laughed.

We greeted our friends as they arrived, it was Rudy and Elaine, Drew, JD, Austin, Odessa, and a couple other friends that weren't OBX related. As I got everyone drinks, Chase shot me a look and pointed to his stomach from across the room.

"Fuck." I mouthed. I realized that my belly was very visible and obvious. Luckily no one pointed it out so I sucked it in. I hardly looked pregnant anymore.