Chapter 71

Madelyn's POV:

I quickly drove back home. Madison's car was still in the driveway, so I was relieved. I felt like such an asshole because I kept getting mad at both of them for just trying to help me.

"Maddie?" Chase called from the kitchen as I opened the door.

He appeared in the entry way with an anxious expression on his face. My hands were shaking.

"Chase, I'm so sorry, I shouldn't of-" I said with a hint of panic in my voice before Chase cut me off and hugged me.

"I didn't tell her." He said calmly, referring to Madison. Earlier, I had accused him of telling her what happened yesterday with the knife. Looking back on it, I couldn't believe that I accused him of that, Chase would have never told someone something that personal when related to me.

"I'm so sorry." I said again into his shoulder.

"Baby, it's ok." He whispered.

"No, it's not. I shouldn't of blown up at you like that, I'm sorry." I replied, pulling away from the hug. I was so surprised that I wasn't crying. I had such a hard time expressing my emotions without tears.

Chase smiled and held my cheek in his hand. "Stop apologizing Mads." He said.

I looked down and smiled slightly. "Sorry." I said, before catching myself.

"Maddie!" Chase shouted, pretending to be angry, which only made both of us laugh.

"Where's Bailey?" I asked.

"She's with Juliet." Chase replied.

I started to head upstairs to see them, and Chase began to follow me.

"Can I just have a minute?" I asked.

"Of course, yeah." Chase said, backing away.

I wasn't mad at Madison, nor Chase. I thought they had every right to be mad at me, so I just wanted to clear the air.

I reached the second floor and went to the twins room where I stood in the doorway watching Madison smile and laugh at Juliet beside her crib. This brought me so much joy, knowing that my babies would have the most amazing aunts and uncles growing up.

Madison noticed me in the doorway and stood up.

"It's crazy how much she looks like you Mads." Madison pointed out.

"I know right?" I said quietly.

I walked closer to Madison and hugged her.

"I'm really sorry that I was a bitch before." I said.

Madison laughed.

"I'm serious, I treated you like shit, and I feel bad. You do so much for me and I'm really grateful to have you in my life." I replied, still hugging her.

"I'm gonna cry, that is so sweet." Madison said.

"I love you." I replied.

"I love you too. Sorry if I crossed a boundary earlier." She said.

"It's ok." I responded, stepping away from our hug.

"He didn't tell me anything about what happened." Madison said, using finger quotes while saying "what happened".

I nodded and smiled.

"Are you ok?" She asked.

I sighed, I wanted to say that I was fine, but I didn't want to lie anymore. "It depends on the day."