Chapter 23

Madelyn's POV:

I woke up the next morning feeling like shit. I was super hungover, my head was pounding and my stomach hurt, but I did have a great time at the party. Because I was so drunk, I never got the chance to tell everyone where I was going and what was happening. 

I turned over in bed and saw that Chase was sitting up looking directly at me.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" He asked.

"Terrible." I moaned.

"You party hard Mads." He replied. "How are you feeling about later today?" I was going to the facility at around 3 PM. It was only 9 AM so I still had some time to get myself together.

"I don't wanna go." I said sitting up in bed.

"I know babe, but it's the only way for you to feel better." Chase said while ruffling my hair.

I laughed. "I don't see how me being locked up without my friends and family will make me feel better."

" It won't be like last time," He said referring to when I was hospitalized. "It's a nice place, I looked at it online. I know this sucks though, I'm sorry."

"I forgot to tell people about it last night, I was too drunk and it got away from me." I said. 

"You still have time, do you want to text them now?" Chase asked.

I shook my head and paused. "I don't know, it just feels so embarrassing." I replied.

He took my hand. "I get that. It's uncomfortable. Do you want me to let them know?" He offered.

I nodded. I was so relieved. I didn't want to deal with all the questions and awkward conversations. My closest friends knew already but the cast and some other people didn't. Chase said he would text them later that day after I left so I wouldn't have to deal with the after effects of it all.

Chase and I spent the day hanging out and relaxing. We cuddled on the couch and I packed up some of my clothes. It was 2 PM now. My mom called.

"Hi sweetie. Getting ready to go?" She asked.

"Yeah." I replied quietly.

"Dad and I will look at the visitor policy and we'll come as soon as possible, ok?" She said.

"Ok." I whispered.

"Madelyn, I know you're not feeling great about this, but we are all rooting for you. We just want you to feel better." She said sympathetically.

"I know." I said. 

"I love you." She replied.

"I love you too, tell dad I said hi." I said.

After I hung up, I began to cry. Hearing my mom's voice made me emotional. Chase came from behind and hugged my waist. 

"Shhh, it's ok." He said calming me down.

At 2:30, Chase grabbed the bag I packed and we headed down to the car. On the car ride there, neither of us said much. Chase had one hand on the steering wheel and the other on my leg. I could tell he was upset, but he didn't show it. This was hard for him too.

When we arrived, Chase grabbed my bag out of the back and held my hand as we walked in. It kind of looked like a school. There was a garden in the front as well as murals on the sides of the walls. We entered and was greeted by an overly smiley woman.

"Hi! I'm Erica. You must be Madelyn." She said while putting her hand out for me to shake.

"That's me." I said while shaking her hand.