Chapter 80

Madelyn's POV: 

Caro stayed with us for the whole week. It was amazing. I hadn't seen her in a while so we had a lot of catching up to do. We talked, shopped, watched movies, and also did things with Chase and the babies. I was really sad to see her leave. Chase and I would be in LA next month so he could audition for a few shows, so I would at least see her then.

Of course my mood was slightly down after she left. I wasn't depressed but I was a little bit emotional. I had been taking my medication and talking to my therapist Carrie once a week just to keep my mood stable. It was harder to find time to take care of myself now that we had the twins, but my medication and therapy were good constants in my life.

"Good morning." Chase said as he rolled over to face me in bed.

"Hi." I whispered. I was already awake because I had fed the babies about an hour ago.

Chase kissed my lips and snuggled closer to my body. Morning sex was something we were doing more regularly. It was one of the only times during the day that James and Juliet would take a long nap and stay asleep for a while, so we had time. Chase positioned himself on top of me and took off my shirt. We kissed again and he ran his hands over my bare chest. He stopped for a moment.

"Keep going." I said breathlessly.

Chase pressed his finger into my lower left breast.

"What is that?" He asked, pressing again.

"What?" I asked confusedly.

"Does that hurt?" Chase said, still straddling my waist.

"No, why? Babe, what are you doing?" I posed.

"There's a bump." Chase replied, moving off of my body.

He removed his hand and I placed my fingers on the spot.

"Do you feel it?" Chase asked.

I nodded. I poked around the area and felt a small hard bump under my boob. I stood up and walked over to the mirror, Chase following closely behind. When I looked in the mirror and held up my boob, the small bump was visible.

"What is that?" I asked rhetorically.

"It doesn't hurt?" Chase checked.

I shook my head.

"Maybe it's a pimple." He said.

"It's really hard though." I replied.

We stared at each other for a moment, unsure of what to say or do.

"Should I go to the doctor?" I asked, worry plastered on my face.

"Are you sure it's not a pimple or something?" Chase asked.

"I don't think so. What if it's-" I said before Chase interrupted me.

"It's not." He said. He knew I was going to say cancer. I was a hypochondriac and convinced myself that everything was cancer. 

"You don't know that." I said, making my way back to the bed.

"Mads, you're 26, you're young. It's not." He reassured me.

"I still want to go to the doctor." I said.

He rubbed my bare arm, his warm hands providing me comfort.

"Ok. Try not to worry about it baby." Chase said.

I nodded and smiled slightly, but I was very worried. I was a worrier, and there was usually nothing that could dissipate my concerns.