Chapter 86

Madelyn's POV:

The next day, my parents helped me finish packing up the house. My dad had rented a storage unit so we could keep some furniture here, since Chase and I didn't need all of it in LA. I was feeling a little bit sad. It felt like one chapter of my life was ending, and a new one was starting. I knew that once we officially moved to LA, it was unlikely that we would ever move back to South Carolina unless OBX continued to have more seasons. I was excited for Chase and his new TV show, but it was bittersweet to have to leave Charleston.

The moving truck left at about 5 PM. The truck would be driven by the movers to LA and it would take about 2 days. Chase and I would be moving into our new LA house in a few days when the truck arrived. I had dinner with my parents and my Nanna that night, it was hard being away from them so much especially since the twins were born. Then, they drove me to the airport. I had an 9PM flight, so I would be getting back fairly late.

I hugged my parents goodbye and thanked them profusely for helping me move out. I waited at the gate and noticed that Chase was calling me.

"Hey babe." I answered.

"Hey Mads. Are you at the airport?" Chase asked.

"Yeah, my flight doesn't board for another half hour." I replied.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

After my panic attack yesterday, I could tell Chase was worried about me.

"I'm good. I'm just tired." I said.

"Are you sure, you promise?" He posed.

"Chase, I'm ok. I'm gonna go find a snack before boarding. I love you." I replied.

"Ok, I love you too. I'll be there when you get in." Chase said. 

I slept for most of my flight and arrived back in LA at around 11PM, because of the time difference. Like he said, Chase was there to pick me up when I landed. He greeted me with a tight hug. He rested his hand on the back of my head.

"Hi baby." Chase whispered.

"Hi my love." I replied quietly while tightening my grip on his waist.

"I missed you." Chase said, pulling away to kiss my cheek.

"I missed you too." I said, pressing my lips onto his. 

The drive back to Madison's place was quiet. Chase placed his hand on my thigh and occasionally looked over at me when he drove, but neither of us said much. When we got back, Madison and Mariah, plus the twins were all in bed. I walked over to their bassinets as Chase gently set my bag down on the chair. I brushed my fingers over James and Juliet's pink cheeks, button noses, and short dark hair, careful not to wake them.

Chase joined me in the bathroom as I got ready for bed. I brushed my hair while looking in the mirror as Chase moisturized his body.

"You ok?" He asked.

I nodded and smiled.

"Yeah?" Chase checked.

"Yeah, why?" I asked defensively, even though I knew exactly why he was asking. My panic attack  obviously caught him off guard and was surprisingly emotional and unexpected. I hadn't had a panic attack as bad as that since when I wasn't doing well after the babies were born. Chase wasn't wrong to be worried, I had been super anxious and overwhelmed ever since we arrived in LA a few weeks ago. 

"It's just that your panic attack surprised me a little. Are things getting bad again?" He asked, referring to my mental state. Chase touched his fingers to my elbow, something he usually did when we were having a deep moment or conversation.