Chapter 92

Chase's POV:

Madelyn's mom Pam arrived yesterday which we were all very excited about. We were celebrating Maddie's birthday and we would also do an early Christmas celebration because we wouldn't be able to be with family on Christmas.

Madelyn and I cuddled in bed that night after putting the twins in their room and saying goodnight to Pam who was in the guest room downstairs.

"You're only a few hours away from 27." I said to her.

She smiled.

"Are you excited?" I asked after she didn't respond.

Madelyn nodded. I could tell something was off. She was always silent when something was wrong. I ran my hand up and down her thigh to soothe her.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked her.

Madelyn looked at me and smiled awkwardly. 

"What's going on, talk to me." I pleaded casually, I didn't want to sound too desperate, but I wanted her to open up to me.

She took a deep breath. "I guess I never expected to make it this far."

"What do you mean?" I asked, even though I knew exactly what she meant, but I thought it would be good for her to talk me through it. Madelyn usually felt better after she expressed her feelings.

"You know what I mean." She said. Which was the exact response I was dreading...

"Tell me." I replied as I tucked some of her hair behind her ear. Madelyn leaned her cheek into my palm.

"I don't know, I've always struggled. And it's been really hard. I never thought about the future or getting to this age because I didn't think I'd still be alive." She said, hinting to when she was feeling depressed.

"That's a big accomplishment, Mads. You should be really proud of yourself." I said.

She smiled shyly. 

"Thank you." Madelyn said quietly.

"I'm proud of you. Everyone is. You're an amazing woman, and an incredible wife and mama. I love you Madelyn Renee." I said.

She blushed and giggled.

"What?" I asked.

"You haven't called me that since you proposed." Madelyn said, referring to me calling her by her first and middle name.

"Well maybe I should call you that more often." I joked, noticing that it made her giddy and slightly nervous in a good way.

She laughed. "I love you Chase."

We kissed and hugged before going to bed.

I awoke in the morning to the twins crying over the baby monitor. Madelyn was still sleeping, it was only 7AM. I went downstairs to warm the bottles up for James and Juliet and took them back upstairs to feed them.

"Good morning!" I whispered excitedly to Juliet. I held her in my arms as I sat in the rocking chair to feed her. After she was done, I held James in the same position.

"It's mama's birthday today, you better be good to her." I whispered.

James giggled.

"I'm being serious, J. No pooping or spitting up on her. You can tomorrow, but not today." I joked.

I cuddled and entertained them for about half an hour before putting them back in their cribs.

I went back to me and Maddie's room where she was still sleeping. I slid into bed next to her and rubbed her back. Madelyn moaned tiredly. I gently maneuvered her so she was laying on my chest and I fell back asleep.