Chapter 74

Madelyn's POV:

After I let my tears of relief out, I fell asleep on Chase's chest. We accidentally napped for two hours, just cuddled up on one another. I woke up to the sound of knocking on the door. I slowly got off of Chase who didn't awake in the process, and answered the door. It was Madison.

"Hey, I didn't know you were coming." I said confusedly. I stepped aside for her to enter.

Madison immediately brought me in for a tight hug.

"I'm so proud of you." She said quietly. By that time, I was fully awake and remembered what I had done earlier. I posted to the whole world about my struggles and my babies. I felt a pit in my stomach. I knew I did the right thing, but it was still so scary being that open and vulnerable.

"I called you like a thousand times." Madison said, pulling away from the hug.

"Oh shit, sorry. I powered my phone off and took a nap." I replied.

"I know it's probably so overwhelming, but most of the comments aren't bad." Madison said, referring to my instagram post.

"Really?" I questioned.

"Yeah, everyone is being super supportive." She replied.

I laughed. "Wow, that's never happened before." I would usually get bullied online for no reason at all, and this was the perfect excuse for people to say mean things, but according to Madison, they weren't.

Chase joined us in the foyer a few moments later.

"Oh hey Bails." Chase said. "Sorry, I just saw your calls now. Mads and I fell asleep."

"It's ok. Sorry...I shouldn't of come. I was just worried." Madison said.

"No, I'm glad you're here." I replied. "Do y'all wanna go for a walk? I've been sitting all day." I proposed.

"Yeah, let me get the twins ready." Chase said.

Chase came downstairs soon after and placed the babies in the double stroller.

"Babe, your mom is texting me. I think you need to turn your phone back on." Chase said.

I sighed. "I'm nervous to see all the texts and comments."

"You don't have to read them, just reply to your parents so they know you're ok." Chase replied.

"Ok, I'll be right back." I said, planning to give them a call.

I turned my phone back on and was met with the constant buzzing of notifications. I ignored them and went straight to the phone app. My mom picked up right away.

"Maddie?" She questioned.

"Hey mom, sorry. I turned my phone off, I didn't mean to worry you." I said.

"It's ok honey. Dad and I saw your post, I didn't realize you were planning to do that." She said.

"Yeah, I don't know. It was kind of a spontaneous decision." I replied.

"Well you're very brave. Dad and I are proud of you." She added.

"Thanks mom. I love you." I said.

"I love you to the moon and back. Give James and Juliet kisses for me, I'll see you soon, ok?" She asked.

"Will do, talk to you later." I said, hanging up.

"Ready to go?" Chase asked.

"Yep, let's go. Sorry you got dragged into this Bails." I joked.