Chapter 82

Madelyn's POV:

We arrived at Madison and Mariah's house at around 9PM, the LA traffic was terrible as always. The twins were confused with the slight time change, and both Chase and I were tired and grumpy. We all ate dinner together and caught each other up on our lives, I had really missed Madison and it was always nice to see Mariah too, she had become a close friend as well. Chase and I got settled into the guest bedroom downstairs and Madison said goodnight to us before heading upstairs with Mariah.

The babies were crying again which made me upset. I knew I couldn't blame them, they were in an unfamiliar space and had been traveling all day. They hadn't cried this much in a while, especially Juliet. She was usually a very quiet and calm baby, but she wailed as I tried my best to comfort her. James quietly cried next to her. I took turns bouncing and swaying with both of them. Chase sat on the edge of the bed, not helping.

"Can you do something please?" I asked politely, my voice cracking with emotion.

He sighed. "Mads, they're gonna have to cry it out. Nothing is helping." Chase said with annoyance.

My back was facing him and I let a few tears fall as I put Juliet back down next to James. I had been extremely anxious and emotional all day, I just wanted some support and reassurance from Chase, but I knew he was emotional and tired as well.

"I have my audition at 9 tomorrow." He said.

I didn't respond and continued to watch the twins toss and turn. My face was now wet with tears, I was exhausted.

"I don't want you going out. The paparazzi are hounds and it'll be dangerous if you're alone with the twins." Chase said.

I felt annoyed at this comment. He was right about the paparazzi, we hadn't experienced them in a while because they weren't really around the Charleston area. But I didn't want Chase to ban me from going out. I had things I wanted to do and people I wanted to see. I was capable of doing things on my own too.

I scoffed.

"I'm serious." He said.

"I'm not hibernating in here for a week." I said sarcastically.

Chase noticed the emotion in my voice and the congestion in my nose from the tears.

"I'm not trying to make you upset, I care about your safety, and our kids safety." Chase replied.

I quickly wiped my face and felt Chase's fingers on my elbow.

"Sit." He said.

I shook my head and sniffled. I was always scared that Chase would take me less seriously if I was crying during a conversation or an argument, even though I had no proof or experience of that in the past. There was an uncomfortably long silence. I was stubborn and Chase knew that I wasn't going to give in.

"Can Madison at least go with you when you're in public?" Chase suggested. 

"I don't need a babysitter." I replied with another sniffle. James and Juliet's cries were quieting as they slowly drifted into a desperately needed sleep. 

"Please sit with me Mads. I don't like talking to your back." He said.

I sighed and turned around to face Chase. He gave a sympathetic smile when he saw my tear stained face. Chase patted the spot next to him on the bed. I wiped my face again and slowly sat down next to him. 

"I'm just worried about you. You know how scary people can be." Chase said, placing his hand on my lower back.

"I get that." I replied. I had been working with my therapist Carrie on acknowledging Chase's feelings. It was hard for me to see where he was coming from and agree with him sometimes. "But it shouldn't mean that I don't get to do stuff this week. I'm not gonna be alone all the time either, I'm seeing Caro and a few other people. I'm always careful, I'll wear a hat and sunglasses and no one will be able to see the twins in the stroller if the cover is on."

We went back and forth for a few more minutes which resulted in me being in tears again. I hated when Chase and I disagreed on things. He eventually and reluctantly gave in, but neither of us were happy.

"I'm sorry." Chase whispered while wiping away some of my tears with his thumb. I blinked slowly as a few more escaped my eyes. Chase always thought he was at fault when I cried. Sometimes he was, but this time I was completely drained and exhausted from our travel day, and disagreeing with Chase only heightened my emotions. 

I rested my chin in the crook of Chase's neck and gave him a tight hug.

"I know you're worried, but you have my location, and I'll call you or Bails if anything's wrong." I said.

"Ok, I love you. I'm sorry I upset you." Chase replied, an expression of guilt plastered on his face. 

"I love you too. And it's not your fault. We're both moody and tired. Let's go to bed." I said.

He gave me a gentle kiss on the lips and we snuggled next to each other in bed. Chase ran his fingers through my hair and rubbed my back. Even though it wasn't a great night, I was glad that Chase was holding me.

The next morning was a lot better. Chase gave me a kiss on the cheek and handed me a mug of coffee as I sat up in bed. 

"Good luck today babe, you're gonna kill it. I love you so much." I said. I was very tired but trying to show enthusiasm. 

"Thanks Mads, I love you too. Have a good day, call me if you need me." He replied with a subtle wink.

We hugged and he snuggled James and Juliet quickly before leaving. 

I fed the twins and made my way into the kitchen where Madison was making breakfast for us.

"Wanna go to the farmer's market today? You, me, and the twins?" Madison proposed hesitantly.  It was obvious that Chase had spoken to her about his concerns with me being alone in public. I didn't mind that he told her, his worries were valid, and going to the farmer's market with Madison actually seemed fun. 

I decided to put on a cute outfit and Madison helped me dress the babies. We laughed as the they giggled from being tickled. Their laughs were contagious. I put a small pink bow in Juliet's hair. Her dark brown hair was growing fast and I hadn't experimented with accessories yet.

"They're so stinkin' cute. How did you make the most beautiful babies ever?" Madison asked with a chuckle.

"Oh, you know, I'm just super talented." I joked.

We both laughed and headed to the farmer's market. The weather was perfect. The babies were extra smiley and giggly, I think they enjoyed the warm temperature. I couldn't stop smiling either, I was glad to be back with Madison, and I was excited to hear how Chase's audition process was going.