Chapter 57

Madelyn's POV:

Our honeymoon was amazing. We had the normal ups and downs, but it was really great overall. Our flight was later today which I was not looking forward to, especially because of how terrible the flight was last week. 

"Are you ready to be home?" Chase asked as we were packing up our suitcases.

I shook my head.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Cause this was so fun, I just wanna stay here forever." I exaggerated. "And I have to go to the doctor when we're back." I said, my smile fading.

Chase walked over to where I was standing and hugged me.

"Don't worry about it, I'm sure everything is fine." Chase said referring to the bleeding scare we had in the airport last week. My doctor was confident that this was normal spotting, but she was going to do and ultrasound just to make sure.

I nodded and hugged him tightly.

"How are you gonna fit all that shit in your bag?" Chase joked while laughing.

I had bought so much stuff for myself and for friends while in Bangkok. 

"Relax, I didn't even buy that much!" I replied with a wink.

"What are these?" Chase asked as he picked up a small box with two velvet bags inside.

"Those are supposed to be a surprise..." I said.

"For me?" He asked.

"Kind of, you can open them now." I responded.

Chase smiled confusedly and opened the two bags. Inside were tiny baby shoes that I purchased at a street market one morning. They were traditional Thai shoes, a pair for each baby.

"Awww." Chase said, his cheeks blushing.

"I saw them and I couldn't resist." I said while squeezing his hand.

"This is the first thing we have for the babies!" Chase exclaimed.

I smiled as Chase gently stroked my belly.

"It's like a little souvenir of our honeymoon for them." I replied.

Chase kissed my lips and we got up quickly to finish packing so we wouldn't end up having sex and being late to the airport. 

We made it to the airport with an hour to spare.

"I'm gonna miss this place." Chase said.

"Me too. Thanks for putting this trip together babe, it was amazing." I replied.

"Of course, I love you." He responded.

"I love you more." I replied.

We boarded our flight and I was relieved that I wasn't feeling nauseous or light headed. The morning sickness stage seemed to have passed, but that's also what I thought a couple weeks ago, so I was still being cautious.

Chase and I ended up sleeping for most of the flight back to Los Angeles. We were exhausted from both the time change and from exploring and walking around for the past week.

I awoke to Chase tapping me on the shoulder. Somehow, I had slept through landing which saved me a lot of anxiety and worrying. 

"C'mon sleepyhead, we have to make our connecting flight." Chase said.

I moaned. "I'm so tired." I replied.

"I know baby, we're almost home." He said.

I sluggishly got myself together and we made our way through passport control and to our connecting flight to Charleston.