Chapter 60

TW: Brief mentions of self harm

Madelyn's POV:

2 Months Later

I was 19 weeks pregnant today, meaning I was pretty much halfway through the pregnancy. My belly was a little bigger but it wasn't an issue on set or in public. I could still wear high waisted pants or a long flowy shirt and be able to hide the bump easily. My costumes for OBX 3 mainly consisted of those types of outfits considering Sarah Cameron wasn't pregnant. I hadn't told the public yet either, but I was getting fairly good at picking out the right clothes to hide it.

The hormones were still crazy but I was able to get on a new anxiety medication that calmed me down a little bit. I still had bad days and breakdowns though. I thought it was reasonable for any pregnant woman to go through that, so I didn't feel too weird about it.

Chase and I signed a lease the other day on a 3 bedroom house close to where out current apartment is. We didn't want to commit to buying anything yet, we just needed a bigger space for when the babies come and throughout the last bits of filming. We were almost done with season 3, we had about a month and a half left!

"Mads?" Chase called out after he got back from the gym.

"Yeah?" I replied while throwing some pants on in the bedroom.

"Come here, I want to talk to you about something." He said.

"What?" I asked as I emerged from the bedroom.

"I have to go to LA tomorrow." He said with a concerned look on his face.

"For what?" I asked.

"Gucci wants me for a photoshoot." Chase replied with a slight smile.

"Oh my god, really?" I said excitedly. 

"Yeah, but I have to go tomorrow for a few days." He said.

"Ok..." I said hesitantly.

"I don't know if you should be traveling like this..." Chase said while motioning to my stomach.

I shrugged. "I don't know if I'm up to it anyway." I replied. I was already exhausted to begin with, I didn't want to push myself too far.

"Are you gonna be ok on your own for like 3 days?" Chase asked.

"Yeah, I'll start packing." I said. We needed to be out of our apartment in a week so we could move into the new house.

"Mads, no. I don't want you doing that either." He said.

"Babe, I'm fine. I'll be at work all day tomorrow and I can start putting things together over the weekend." I said.

"I really don't want you to overwork yourself." He said, pointing to my stomach again.

After some convincing, Chase began to pack a bag. I could tell that he was feeling hesitant about leaving me for a few days. I was independent and self sufficient, but Chase got used to taking care of me throughout the pregnancy. I drove him to the airport the next morning and then made my way to set. I felt myself getting slightly emotional, it was probably triggered by the act of dropping him off at the airport, but also pregnancy hormones. I wiped away the single tear that fell onto my cheek before getting out of the car to head to the makeup trailer.

"Hey!" Madison said while walking over to me.

"You ok?" She asked as she got closer, noticing the expression on my face.

"Yeah I'm fine." I replied flatly, avoiding eye contact with her.

"Mads, what happened?" Madison asked.