Chapter 84

Chase's POV:

The next day, I accidentally slept in until 11 AM which was unlike me. I had been stressed and exhausted the past few days with the audition process, but I was so excited that I booked the role. The night before, Madelyn and I celebrated my good news with Madison and Mariah over some wine. I arose and made my way to the kitchen to find Madelyn and the babies.

Madelyn appeared stressed while on her laptop at the kitchen island. The twins slept peacefully in their bassinets next to her.

"Hi babe." I said as I approached her. I wrapped my arms around her neck from behind and bent down to kiss the top of her head.

"Did you sleep ok?" Madelyn asked.

"Yeah, thanks for that." I replied, thanking her for letting me sleep in. I felt bad for not being with her and taking care of James and Juliet in the morning.

I then noticed what Madelyn was looking at on her computer. She was browsing a real estate site and looking at houses to rent in Los Angeles. 

"Mads, why are you doing that?" I asked.

She looked down. "Because you booked the role, babe."

I hadn't even thought about that yet. I knew we would have to move to LA so I could film the show, but my mind blocked it out because of how much stress it would probably cause us and the babies.

I sat down on the stool next to Madelyn. Her facial expression appeared worried.

"You know you don't have to stay here with me if you want to be home instead." I said cautiously. I knew that Madelyn wasn't a big fan of Los Angeles and I didn't want her to be here if she wasn't comfortable.

"Chase, what?" She replied, almost offended.

"It'll only be four months. If you don't want to be here, I would totally understand." I said.

"Do you not want me to be here?" Madelyn asked quietly.

My heart sank, I knew I upset her, but I just wanted what was best for her. I didn't want to put her in a situation where she was unfamiliar with a new city and was uncomfortable. I knew it was difficult for her to change her routines and stay happy while in a different and new situation.

"No, I'm not saying that. I just want you to be happy, so if that's being in Charleston while I'm filming, I understand." I replied.

"Chase, I want to be here with you. I love you and I support you every step of the way. I know it'll be hard but we'll break the Charleston lease and we'll rent a house here while you're filming. It'll all work out." Madelyn said with a gentle smile.

"Thank you for saying that. I love you Mads." I said while tearing up.

Madelyn placed her hand on my cheek. "Baby, what's wrong?" She asked, noticing my abrupt emotion.

"I'm ok, I'm just overwhelmed. This all happened so fast." I replied, letting a tear fall down my cheek. I felt guilty, I was supposed to be comforting Madelyn, this sudden move was going to be hard on her. 

"I know. I'm really proud of you. It's ok." Madelyn cooed quietly as she stroked my hair. I let my head rest in the crook of her shoulder as I sniffled.

"I love you Maddie." I whispered.

"I love you too baby. Take a deep breath." She instructed.

We sat there for a few minutes as Madelyn ran her fingers through my hair and rubbed my back. I felt so supported by her and even though I was anxious about what was to come, I felt better knowing that I had Madelyn by my side.