Chapter 51

Madelyn's POV:

I awoke abruptly to Madison sitting at the edge of my bed and tapping my leg. My mom must have let her in.

"What time is it?" I asked with a panic stricken voice while sitting up.

"9." Madison whispered.

I sighed with relief and laid back down.

"C'mon, there's a lot to do before tonight." Madison said.

"I'm so tired." I replied.

"Coffee?" She asked.

"I don't know, I don't wanna throw up." I said.

Madison gently placed her hand on my stomach.

"Is it the baby?" She asked. I nodded and closed my eyes.

"A shower might help." Madison continued.

I agreed and slowly got out of bed to take a shower.

Even though we were having a small wedding without bridesmaids and a maid of honor, Madison kind of took on a maid of honor role. She's my best friend after all. I was happy to let her help too, I was feeling so overwhelmed and nauseous when I woke up. 

I had been in the shower for a while, just thinking about how lucky I was to be marrying Chase. I heard a knock at the door.

"You ok? What are you doing in there?" Madison asked, confused as to what was taking me so long.

"Shaving every inch of my body." I replied loudly so she could hear me through the closed door.

I heard Madison chuckle.

"I'm not kidding." I responded.

"Need help?" Madison joked.

"Very funny." I said in a monotone voice.

"Your mom bought anti-nausea medication at the pharmacy. Do you want to take one now?" She asked.

"Yes, definitely. Thanks Bails." I replied.

"Can I come in?" She asked.

"Yeah." I said.

She opened the door and noticed me sitting in the tub with shaving cream all over my hands. I could tell that Madison was glancing at my thigh scars for a moment, she had only seen then briefly before. Madison suddenly noticed that I noticed her looking and snapped out of her stare. She smiled and handed the anti-nausea and a cup of water to me.

"Thank you." I said.

"No problem. I'm gonna start steaming your dress, it has a few wrinkles." She said.

I smiled and took a few deep breaths. I did this partially because I was nervous, but also because I was trying to get my nausea under control. This morning sickness was really killing me. Hopefully it would subside by evening, and I would feel better during the ceremony.

A few hours later, my Nanna, aunt, uncle and cousin arrived. I was getting ready upstairs with my mom and Madison.

"Are you feeling any better honey?" My mom asked while blowdrying my hair.

"Much. I'm still a little nervous though." I replied while feeling my cheeks get hot.

"I get it. I was so nervous right before I married your dad. It's normal." She said.

"I just want everything to be perfect." I responded.