Chapter 88

Chase's POV:

1 week later

We had been back in LA for about a week and a half. The funeral wasn't great, Madelyn felt nauseous and the babies cried the whole time, which made Madelyn even more upset than she already was. We had moved into our new house as soon as we got back to LA. It was an overwhelming week, but we were settling in well. I had a week off before I started filming for my new TV show everyday, so I wanted to show Madelyn some extra love. My sister was in LA for a few days so I immediately contacted her to babysit James and Juliet, I knew Maddie desperately needed a mental break.

"Good morning love." I whispered as I ran my fingers through Madelyn's hair. She twitched but didn't awake.

"Mads, baby, wake up." I said, louder this time.

Madelyn opened her eyes and closed them quickly.

"C'mon." I said as I rubbed her arms.

"I don't wanna." She moaned.

Madelyn's moods had been bad again recently, but it wasn't her fault. Her Nanna just passed away, we moved across the country abruptly, and she was away from family she usually would've been around constantly. 

"Baby, I have coffee downstairs. Rylie is gonna come and watch the twins, we're going out." I said which caught her attention.

Madelyn yawned and sat up in bed. I kissed her forehead and gave her a hug.

"Rylie's coming?" She asked tiredly.

"Yeah, she'll be here soon." I replied.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"It's a surprise." I said as I winked.

Madelyn got out of bed and started to breastfeed Juliet, James was still sleeping. I sat in the twins' room with her.

"Babe, she's making so many more sounds." Madelyn said, noticing that Juliet had been cooing and babbling a lot more than usual.

"She's growing up!" I joked while pouting.

We both laughed.

"Ow!" Madelyn yelped suddenly.

"What's wrong?" I said, running over to the rocking chair where she was sitting with Juliet latched onto her boob.

"Oh my god, ow." Madelyn emphasized.

"Maddie, what is it?" I asked worriedly.

She pulled Juliet's head away from her nipple and stuck one finger in the baby's little mouth, revealing a small tooth. We both gasped, neither of us had realized she had any teeth until Juliet bit Madelyn just now.

"Holy shit." I said. 

"That really hurt." Madelyn said while exhaling.

"Are you ok? Do you want some ice?" I asked as I stroked her cheek.

She nodded. I came back with an ice pack and gently held it up to Maddie's chest. She winced and bit her lip.

"Can I see her tooth?" I asked.

Madelyn parted Juliet's lips with her finger again. I observed the very small nub of an incoming bottom tooth. 

"That's crazy." I said.

Madelyn smiled. "You were right, she's growing up. That's definitely why she's been fussier lately." She said.

"Do you think James has any yet?" I asked.