| Chapter 142 |

// MINA //

"We're at the...beach?"

"Yeah...there's a really nice restaurant here," Seungcheol answered, before stopping the car.

I slowly got out, the sea breeze sending tingles down my body even though it was still a sunny and bright day.

"We can spend some time at the beach after," he said before entwining our fingers, catching me off guard.

"O-Oh okay," I mumbled, as he stopped walking to look at me.

"Is this okay?" He asked, looking down at our entwined fingers.

"Yeah it's fine, let's go," I said, before pulling him towards the restaurant.

It was super fancy, the interior screaming out elite as my jaw dropped at the views of the beach from some dining spots.

"So...where do you wanna sit?" Seungcheol turned to ask me, as I looked up at him.

"Can I pick anywhere?" I asked in disbelief, as he nodded without much thought.

"Can I offer the seat right up there? It's our most famous spot chosen for couples and it has a great view," the waiter said, pointing towards a table in the far left end.

"I want that one," I said, as the waiter nodded before guiding us to our seats.

I sat down before turning to look out at the ocean, small waves moving towards us before I saw them slowly move into the shore where many kids were playing in the water.

"What are you thinking about?" I heard Seungcheol ask, making me turn to look at him.

"Just the children by the beach, it's so cute," I said mostly to myself before I turned back around to look at them once.

Seungcheol chuckled, before passing me the menu.

"Pick whatever you want," he said, as I opened the little book.

My eyes skimmed over the pages, before I made my decision.

"I'll go with the waffles and orange juice,"  I said, as he nodded.

He ordered our food before the air around us suddenly got quiet and awkward.

I pretended to be really invested in looking down at my nails when Seungcheol cleared his throat.

"What are your plans after your degree finishes," he asked, as I looked up at him.

"I'm majoring in Chemistry, and recently I've thought about switching my choice of career, and it's good that I decided on chem because I really want to get into perfumes," I answered, as he slowly nodded.

"How so? Do you want to like...own a perfume company?"

"Yeah...it seems fun and I enjoy making samples and stuff too," I said, as he hummed.

"That sounds pretty cool," he said, before taking a sip from his glass of water.

"But why did you ask? You never have before."

"You know just....curious. Like you said, I've never asked," he shrugged before putting his glass down.

"I have a...a proposition," I said after a while of silent staring,

"A proposition? What is it?" He asked, as his eyebrows went up in curiosity.

"Well....you ask me a question, and I answer and then...I ask you one, and you answer, okay?" I asked carefully, as he stared at me blankly before nodding shortly.

"Okay, yeah," he said, as my eyes widened slightly.

"Your serious?" I asked, as he nodded again.

"I'm assuming it's your turn since I already asked one?"