| Chapter 157 |

trigger warning//

heavy toxic, emotional and physical abusive relationship themes. Please don't read if you're uncomfortable.
(last one for the rest of the book)

two weeks later...

// MINA //

I sat in the lobby of the hospital, playing with my fingernails nervously as Seungcheol sat next to me on his phone.

We had been here for over an hour, as the doctor made us sit outside half an hour ago to await my results for the checkup.

I knew there was probably nothing wrong with me since I didn't feel unwell or sick, but what scared me was that I knew they would ask me if I was on any sort of medication that would trigger hormonal change....birth control pills.

And if Seungcheol followed me into the room for results, he would find out.

"Miss Yoon Mina?"

"Y-Yeah that's me," I answered, quickly standing up as I pushed my thoughts away.

The nurse smiled at me, before motioning towards a corridor.

"Dr Jung is ready to see you now," she said, as I nodded before turning towards Seungcheol who was already looking at her.

"Perfect we've been waiting for—"

"I-I'm sorry Mr Choi.....results are private so you won't be...allowed in," she gulped, her eyes full of fright as I figured she knew who he was.

"Well, unless you don't want to keep your job, I'd say just show us which room and get lost," he spat, before she hesitantly nodded before showing us the way.

We followed behind her before she stopped in front of a door.

"In here," she mumbled, opening the door before she speed walked away.

"Ah yes, Mina correct?" Dr Jung spoke, motioning us in with his hand.

"Yes, just for the results of my check up," I said, before taking a seat on the comforters in front of his huge desk, as Seungcheol sat next to me.

"Ah right....just one second," the old man excused himself, as he flipped though a white file.

"Well congratulations, everything is normal! I'm guessing this was just a regular check up? Because you didn't fill out any pre symptoms or anything that you were concerned about?" He asked, as I nodded my head.

"Y-Yeah," I mumbled, glancing towards Seungcheol.

"Alright....I'll let you guys go in a minute, I just need you to answer a few questions is that alright? Just for our own records," he asked, as I curled my toes and fingers in anxiousness.

"O-Okay."

"So you've already said no to any fever like symptoms....no concerns about anything specifically...healthy weight and diet.....are you taking any specific medications?"

I felt my heart drop as I bit my inner cheek, trying to fix my posture as I felt Seungcheol's eyes fall to me.

"U-Uhm...w-what kind of m-medications?" I stuttered, mentally slapping myself for asking such a stupid question.

"Hmm....anything that could change your hormones? An example of that would be birth control pills."

"O-Oh....I'm...." I trailed off, my body beginning to shake as Seungcheol tapped my cheek.