| Chapter 143 |

// MINA //

I sat in the car, patiently waiting for Seungcheol to come back with all our stuff from the house as I was on call with Lisa.

"So....how's Busan?" She asked, as my eyes slightly widened.

"Wait how—"

"Mingyu told me you were there with him, does it still look the same?"

"Well yeah....it feels untouched, like we were here just last month graduating," I chuckled at the memory as she hummed.

"It does....but a lot has happened huh? Life feels so different now," she said, as I nodded to myself.

"Yeah...it does.."

"How...are you guys?" She asked, as I knew this question was coming.

"We're good...yeah."

"You can tell me the truth you know? We're best friends....he claimed he's changed a few times now to me....I just want to know if he was telling the truth."

"I don't know....it's complicated," I said, as it went quiet over the line.

"Wait...what is that even supposed to mean? Are you saying he still hurts you?" She asked in disbelief as I sighed.

"N-No like—"

My mouth automatically closed when I heard Seungcheol open the hood of the car, probably to put all our bags in.

"Lisa...I'll talk to you when I come back, we can meet up and discuss this," I said, before quickly ending the call.

I watched as he walked over to the drivers seat door, before opening it.

"Who were you on call with?" He asked as soon as he sat inside.

what the hell

"Lisa," I answered, as he started the car.

"Oh? What did you guys talk about?"

"Nothing much....she knew I was in Busan so we were just talking about school and stuff," I said, as he nodded his head.

"Why didn't you let me say bye to Joohyun?" I asked, as he glanced towards me.

"Because we're on a tight schedule right now, I need to be back in Seoul by 7....but anyways, you'll see her and her parents in a weeks time."

"Why?"

"There's a ball I have to attend..." he trailed off, before sighing.

"And I'm bringing you with me, it's something you'll have to get used to since it'll become a regular."

"A ball...?" I asked, creasing my eyebrows.

"Yeah....it's something I've always attended either with just Wonwoo or with some of the other guys...I used to go when we dated back then as well....I just never bought it up to you but now.....now I think you should start accompanying me as my date," he said, as I took in the new information.

"O-Okay," I mumbled, as he placed his hand on my upper thigh.

"Don't worry it isn't anything to stress over, it's just a formality for a few...things, but you'll just be beside me the entire time...we have to be out the entire day too so I need you to be free on that day," he said.