| Chapter 149 |

trigger warning//

heavy toxic and abusive relationship themes.

// MINA //

After we finished eating I went back to bed as Seungcheol stayed in the living room to clean up a bit while on call with someone.

I continued the drama I started, already halfway through the third episode when my thoughts ran back to the folder on the coffee table in front of the TV.

Seungcheol told me not to worry about it when I asked, but I couldn't stop thinking about it.

I swore I saw my name written on it, but he refused, telling me I saw wrong and it was just some business folder.

I needed to somehow get into it.

"You're still awake sweetheart?"

I shook my thoughts away when I heard him lock the bedroom door behind him, before walking to his side of the bed.

"Yeah....this drama is really interesting," I answered, shivering slightly when he engulfed me into a hug as I practically drowned in him, along with his strong cologne scent.

"It's late Mina....you can watch this tomorrow," he said, before leaning over me to grab the remote from my bedside table.

He turned it off before settling it on his bedside table, as I huffed in disappointment.

"You can watch it all day tomorrow if you'd like okay? Just not when it's bed time," he said, as I sighed.

"Fine...goodnight—"

"Wait did you take the pill?" He asked, as I creased my eyebrows.

"Which one?"

"The one I told you to take? Wait," he got up from the bed before getting me a glass of water.

I sat up slowly as I watched him take out a pill from the little foil cover.

"Here, take."

He held it out in his hands while the other passed me the glass of water.

"Cheol....what is this for?" I asked again, looking up at him as he frowned.

"I told you earlier...it helps with anxiety, just take it love you'll feel so much better in the morning," he urged on as i hesitantly nodded.

I swallowed it down before giving the empty glass back to him.

He put it down on the bedside table before leaning down to my height.

"Good girl, now let's sleep okay?" He said, giving me a warm smile as I nodded.

1:13am

I looked away from the digital alarm clock, my eyes running around the quiet bedroom.

Well almost quiet, if it wasn't for Seungcheol's soft breaths like he was right next to my ear.

I carefully removed his arm from around my waist, before slipping out of the bed and slowly tiptoeing out of the room.

After slowly closing the door with a soft thud I walked over to the kitchen to get a glass of orange juice as I was suddenly craving something sweet but also hydrating.