41. Neil overhears Mini's confession

She took steps off the stage and walked to the gate of the park... Albert came behind her... held her hand and stopped her.

Albert: Just a sec Mini.

Mini turned.

Albert had sat on his knees and said: I love you Mini...

Neil had reached saw this from the gate. 

Mini in shock.

Albert: Will you be my girlfriend?

Mini: Is it a prank?... I don't like such pranks...

Albert: No... I genuinely fell in love with you.... I am waiting for your reply... pls accept...

Mini freed her hand from his.

Mini: See.... I am not interested... So... No, I can't accept.

Neil sighed listening to Mini's reply.

She turned to leave. 

Albert got up and held her hand from behind. He tugged her to make her turn back. 

She disbalanced but Albert held her and Neil anxiety grew seeing them.

Mini while getting away from him stood erect.

Albert held her both hands.

Albert: Pls..... Just listen to me once and try to understand pls..

Mini freed her hands again.

Mini: No..pls.. I am not interested in you...

Albert: You have someone in your life?

Mini: Its not about whether I have anyone or not. I am not interested in you, That's enough for me to reject your proposal.

Albert: If you don't have anyone, then at least give me a chance. I can wait for you. I will try my best for you to develop feelings for me. Till then I will not ever force you.

Mini: If you think so then listen, 

Neil was tensed about Mini's reply now as he thought that Mini is still trying to move on.

She took a deep breath.

Neil's breath stuck.

Mini: I can't accept this too. 

Neil sighed hearing this.

Mini: I already have someone in my life. I am in love with him and will be till my last breath.

Albert: Oh my my... What is the name of the lucky man?

Mini: Mr. Neil Oberoi, the Head Chef of my restaurant. He is closest and dearest man to me.

Neil had a huge smile on his face. He was at cloud nine. 

Mini: So, we can never be together. You had helped me a lot during my initial days in Australia and I would be highly grateful to you for that but never expect any of such things from me....never ever...

Albert nodded and Mini left.

Mini came out of the cafe being disturbed. 

She was so lost in herself that she didn't even see Neil behind her on his bike. He drove a little ahead of her and stopped. 

Neil: (in front of her) Kahan ja rahi ho Mini Madam?

Mini: H?..(coming out of her thoughts)

Neil: Where are you lost?

Mini: He called me out for a date... To propose me.... I didn't even realise....

Neil: To?.. Tum disturbed kyu ho?

Mini: Because mujhe samajh nahi aati na ladko ki baatein... Itni der se hum saath baithe hai.. Itni baar usne mujhe bola ki vo kuch batana chahta hai.. par bol nahi pa raha hai.. I thought maybe it was anything about him... Shayad vo share karna chahta ho mujhse... Mujhe laga vo aisa to nahi hi soch raha hoga na.... par...

Neil: Issue kya hai...?

Mini: Ki why can't I understand these things..?

Neil: You will eventually understand...

Mini: Kaise?

Neil: You will... Don't worry.

Mini: Tumhe samajh aa gaya tha na?.... Yahi bolna chah rahe the na tum restaurant me...

Neil nodded.

Mini: To bola kyu nahi?... 

Neil: Kaise bolu yeh samajh nahi aa raha tha...

Mini: Kya samajh nahi aa raha tha... Itna sa bol dete... ki I think he's gonna propose you... Main mana kar deti na milne ke liye.... Par tum to confuse ho jaate ho.. har time jab bhi aisa kuch bolna ya karna hota hai... Kyu nahi bola?

Neil: How can I interfere in your life Mini? 

Mini: Its not interference Neil... and even if it is.... (held his hands in hers) You can Neil..... Itna to tum bol hi sakte ho na... itna haq hai na tumhe.... Agar tum nahi bol sakte to kaun hai aisa jo bol sakta hai phir?

Neil felt happy from within. 

Mini: (awkward) Mera matlab... tha...ki...

He thought to try to make her confess.

Neil: I understand.... (teasing) Vaise tum mana kyu kar deti milne ke liye... Tum to khud kal date pe jaane wali thi... at least yeh to tumhara dost hai na....

Mini: (trapped in her own lie).. Vo.. to...(excuse) Yeh mere type ka nahi hai na...

Neil: (huskily) To kaun hoga tumhare type ka? Kaisa hoga?

Mini: (understood he is having fun) Tum.....

Neil raised his eyebrows.

Mini: Tum.... to jaante ho na...

Neil: Main kaise?

Mini: (teasing him) Yaad hai us din restaurant me maine bola tha... Simpy didi ko batate hue... Rich, Frivolous, not much emotional, not short tempered, adjusting etc...

Neil: Hmm... Yeh to tumne kaha tha... Tumhari aakhein to kuch aur hi keh rahi thi...

Mini smiled at him.

Mini: (realising that they have walked along a long unknown way) Yeh kaha aa gaye hum...

Neil: (singing) Yunhi saath chalte chalte...

Mini: Can't you be serious?

Neil: Why?...... when there is no need of being serious?

Mini: Raasta pata nahi hai aur tum bol rahe ho serious hone ki baat kya hai?

Neil pointed to a far away chai ki tapri.

Neil: Chalo chai peete hai....

Mini: Abhi chai peeni hai tumhe... Time dekha hai?...

Neil: Chai peene ka bhi koi time hota hai kya?

Mini: Nahi but...

Neil held Mini's hand and took her to his bike. He drove on his bike with her till the tapri.

Neil: (to CWB, chai wale bhaiya) Bhaiya 2 chai...

CWB: Ji saab.

He gave two cups of tea.

Neil gave one to Mini.

They enjoyed the tea together.