105. Mini relaxes Neil

Neil came to Mini and caressed her hair. His eyes got wet again. Mini looked at him and could understand his worry and sense his fear. She held his hand and tugged him.

Mini: Aao idhar... Mere saamne baitho...

She made him sit on the stool and kept her hand on his cheek. 

Mini: Rona hai?

Neil's eyes flooded but he lowered his gaze without saying anything.

Mini kept his one hand on her lap and then his other hand of the dorsal side of the first. She made him rest his head on her lap, facing her and caressed his hair as she knew he won't be able to control longer.

Neil's tears flowed from his eyes and he sobbed. Mini swayed her fingers on his head and consoled him.

Neil: (sobbing) Main bahot dar gaya tha Mini... Kal maine sapna dekha tha... vohi sab ho raha tha... To.... Sambhaal nahi paa raha tha khudko.... Tum behosh thi aur doctors bol rahe the kuch keh nahi sakte... Tumhe kuch ho jaata to main nahi bardaast kar paata Mini... Main nahi jee sakta tumhare bina...

Mini held his face by his jawline and made him look at her.

He sobbed and looked at her emotionally and she chuckled.

Neil was confused but he knew her chuckle was an assuring one.

Mini: Oh My God Neil Oberoi... Tum kitne melodramatic ho... ekdum black and white filmon ke heroine ke jaise.... (mimicked him) tumhe kuch ho jaata to main nahi jee pata tumhare bina... (she laughed out loud, keeping her hand on his cheek)

He smiled emotionally adoring her laughing.

Mini: Ek dum Babes ki tarah ho tum.... vo bhi aisehi bolti thi... meri hi life me aise cute log kaise aa jaate hai yaar.... (tugged him closer and pecked him on his cheek).... Stupid ho tum... pata hai tumhe.... (laughed again while mimicking him)... Main jee nahi paunga...

Neil still had tears in his eyes but his face had a wide smile seeing her laughing. He knew it was her attempt to let him feel relaxed so he continued the banter.

Neil: (hitting her softly on her shoulder) Mazaak uda rahi ho mera phir se.... how mean of you...

Mini: (held his collar and pulled him closer, their faces were inches apart) Aye Haaye... (overdramatically) Maine to pehle hi warn kiya tha... badi buri hu main... (making pretentiosly innocent face) tumne hi nahi maani...

Neil chuckled.

Mini: Ab theek ho tum?... (Neil nodded).... Relax karo... Calm Down.... I am with you na....

Neil: Hmm... Par.... Rehne do... Kuch nahi....

Mini: Par?... Aage?

Neil: Main abhi tak vo dar nikaal nahi paa raha hu...

Mini: Hmm... (wrapped her arm tightly around his neck, moved closer, their cheeks rubbed against each other) You are strong Neil... You know that I am strong... And we are together..... Nothing can happen... Hmm?

Neil: Hmm...

Mini rested his head on her shoulder and patted on his head lightly and let him relax. He sighed in relaxation then.

Mini: (parting) Main theek hu na.... dekho... Kuch nahi hua hai mujhe...

Neil: Ha aur yeh pattiyan to fancy dress me jaane ke liye hai na..

She laughed out wholeheartedly.

Neil adored her by keeping his hand on her cheek.

Mini: Tumhara sense of humor bahot jordar hai.... Kaise bhi situation me joke maar lete ho na tum.

Neil: Nahi... Abhi to tum mujhe relax karne ke liye hasi thi na... thodi kam real thi vo hasi.... Par yeh real hasi hai.... Haina?... (Mini nodded smiling).... And you know what... (holding her hand in his) Jab tumhare face pe yeh pyaari si real wali hasi laani hoti hai to joke apne aap man me aa jata hai.

Mini: (pecking on his hand) Tum hamesha 'the best' kaise reh lete ho yaar?

Neil: (keeping his other hand on her cheek) Jaise tum hamesha 'just perfect' reh leti ho.

Mini smiled.

Neil: Chalo ab so jaao... Bahot raat ho gayi hai...

Mini: Neil... mujhe tumse Manmeet ke baare me baat karni thi...

Neil: Mujhe bobby ne bataya uske baare me... Kya dhamka raha tha vo ab?

Mini: Vo bol raha tha ki usne bahot kuch pata kiya hai mere baare me..... He knows ki main kahan rehti hu... Meri babes ki second marriage hui thi.... ab na hi babes hai aur na hi hanuman uncle.... aur main apni Australia ki job chodkar ab Arya ke saath hi hu.... bola usne phir ki.... Dekh lena ab kaise badla leta hu main and all..... It's just that ki I am worried about what if he tries to harm Arya.

Neil gave her an assuring squeeze.

Neil: But tumhe stress lene ki koi zaroorat nahi hai... I promise.... Arya ko kuch nahi hoga... I will make sure... She's fine..... Ok?

Mini: Hmm...

Neil: Fine now?

Mini nodded.

Neil: Take rest..... Aaram se leto....

Neil held her by her shoulders and she winced lightly.

Neil: (left her shoulders) Kya hua?... Kahin chot hai?

Mini: Ha vo... right side pe giri na main... to thoda pain hai back aur shoulder pe bas...

Neil: Ok... (holding her by her nape from the right side and her left shoulder, he made her lie comfortably and patted on her head a couple of times) So jao ab... 

Neil, while sitting on the stool, ran his fingers on her head to relax her. She slept soundly.

Neil kept his head on his palm with his elbow on the bed and looking at Mini, dozed off due to tiredness.

He woke up multiple times in the night to see if she's fine or not, whenever felt a slightest of her movement but she was sleeping soundly because of the medications.

.

.

.

.

.

Next Morning,

Nurse had took off the green curtains from the windows.

Bobby came to the ward and saw Neil dozed off. He sat on the stool on the other side of the bed.

Some time later, Arya woke up and came to Mini, looking at her keeping her hands on her bed. Arya's hand just touched Neil's and Neil woke up immediately.

Neil: (worriedly) Kya hua?

Bobby and Arya: Are kuch nahi hua... relax.

Neil looked at Mini. She was still sleeping peacefully and he sighed.

Neil: Bobby aa gaya tu?... Mujhe utha deta.

Bobby: Koi na... tum aaram se so bhi to nahi paaye na...

Neil: Vo to chalega.... Accha sun... tu.... Arya ko haveli le jayega?..... Fresh ho le vo... khaana kha legi..

Bobby: Ha Neil... Kyu nahi...

Neil: Thanks.... Arya.... tum Bobby Bhaiya ke saath haveli jaakar freshen up karlo... Breakfast karlo... Main hu yahi.

Arya: Tum breakfast nahi karoge?

Neil: Mera abhi mood nahi hai.... tum karlo.... phir aa jaana.... Ok?

Arya: Ok.

Arya went with Bobby.