100. Neil's nightmare

At the restaurant, Mini came to Neil.

Mini: Neil.... Main haveli ja rahi hu... tum yaha sambhaal lena...

Neil: Ok...

Mini drove her scooty to the haveli but on the way, met with an accident and was taken to the hospital.

Neil reached the hospital.

Dr came out.

Neil: Mini?...

Dr: Jab tak hosh nahi aa jaata unhe... hum kuch bol nahi sakte...

.

.

.

.

Neil: Mini!

He woke up with a scream.

Mini immediately got up and came out of her room, hearing his scream.

Turning on the lights, She saw that Neil sitting on the couch with tightly closed eyes, was in a sweat while panting.

Mini: (kept her hand on his shoulder worriedly) Kya hua Neil?.... Tum theek ho?

Neil was still in shock and didn't even react.

Mini: (shook him lightly) Kuch to bolo Neil....

Neil opened his eyes and looked at Mini.

As soon as he saw her, he wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his head on her, breathing heavily while sobbing.

Mini: Kya hua?..... Bura sapna tha?

Neil: (nodded) Ha.... Bohot bura sapna tha Mini....

Mini: Kya dekha tumne?

Neil: Vo.... tum vaha.... (his breath stuck and then he slowly breathed in) Main nahi bol paunga....

Neil opened his eyes and his gaze fell on the clock. It was 5 o clock. He parted from Mini and holding her hands looked at her. Mini felt his hands shivering.

Neil: (worriedly) 5 baj rahe hai Mini.

Mini: To?... 5 bajne se itna tension kyu le rahe ho?

Neil: (turned to her worriedly and said with his stuffy throat) Subah ke sapne sach hote hai kya?

Mini: Kya tum bhi Neil... Tum believe karte ho yeh sab?.... really?... Bakwaas hota hai yeh sab.... (gently squeezing his hands a little) Relax.

Neil: (tears in his eyes and fear on his face, restlessly) Dad aur Ma ka bhi accident ka sapna aaya tha mujhe... Tab bhi 5 baj rahe the jab main utha.... Aaj tumhara aisa... main... main kaise... sambhaalu... dekha maine.. abhi... tum... vaha... aise...

Mini understood his condition.

She keeping her one hand on his cheek, by the other, rubbed his back and tears rolled down from his eyes.

Mini: Main bilkul theek hu.... Shanti se so rahi thi... Kuch nahi hua hai mujhe... Calm down... Main paani laati hu tumhare liye...

She was turning. But Neil held her hand and tugged her. 

Neil: Nahi.. plz... Abhi nahi... Yahi ruko na...

Mini: (sitting beside him) Ok.. Ok fine... 

His hands circled her waist, tugging her closer to him. Her head got raised and he rested his head on her chest. He closed his teary eyes, couldn't stop the flowing of his tears and sobbed. Mini was startled but felt his tears and so she slid her hands from his back to his head. His hair tangled in her fingers and she ran her fingers in them slowly to calm him.

Neil: (sobbingly snuggled his head on the crook of her neck) Ab main.... Main nahi kho sakta tumhe Mini.... I can't lose you... Main nahi jee paunga tumhare saath ke bina.... (breaking down) main... main nahi reh sakta tumhare bina.... I need you Mini.... I... I need you to live.... I can't live without you....

Mini: (patting on his head lightly) Relax... Relax.... Shh.... Calm down.... (running her fingers on his head to relax him) I am with you.... always.... Main hu tumhaare saath.... kuch nahi hoga mujhe.... Relax.... (to lighten up his mood) Itni jaldi kaise peecha chod dungi tumhara?..... Aisehi thodi na ziddi Mini Babita hu main... Maine kahin nahi jaana hai tumhe chodke.... Abhi tumne dekha hi kya hai?... Abhi to tumhe bahot tantrums dekhne hai mere.... Bahot se nakhre jhelne hai mere...

Neil chuckled emotionally.

Neil: (parted and looked at her) Khushi khushi tumhare saare nakhre jhelne ko taiyaar hu main zindagi bhar.... bas mere saath... mere paas rehna... aisehi... (cupping her face) hasti muskuraati si... (pecked on her forehead) Meri Mini rehkar..... hamesha.

Mini nodded and smiled.

Mini: (wiping his tears) Mere Neil ke aankhon me aise dar ke aansu acche nahi lagte... inme khushi ke aansu hi suit hote hai... (She held his face closer and pecked on his eyes).... Main bilkul theek hu aur mujhe kuch nahi hone wala hai... To relax karo....

He then looked at her, still with teary eyes but an emotional smile had found space on his scared face.

Neil wrapped her one hand in his both and kept it on his chest near his heart, lowering his head, trying to calm himself.

Neil: Pakka kuch nahi hoga na?

Mini kept her other hand on his cheek.

Mini: Kuch bhi nahi hoga... Tum tension lena band karo ab....

Neil still had stress lines on his forehead.

Mini: So jao..... (Neil looked up at her and nodded in a no with tears gelled up in his eyes again).... Main bol rahi hu na... main hu na idhar tumhare paas....

Neil lied on the couch with her hand still on his heart.

Mini ran her palm on his face to let him to close his eyes. He closed his eyes but his tight grip on her hand was enough for Mini to know his stressed state of mind.

Mini patted on his head but he wasn't able to sleep, just tossing and turning on the couch.

Mini understood that he won't be able to sleep like that.

Mini: Utho... Aise nahi so paoge...

Neil sat up. Mini sat beside him and keeping two cushions on her lap, curled her hand around his nape and tugged him closer to her. She raised her head and let him rest his head on her chest, supported by the pillows. He, closing his eyes, wrapped his arms around her shoulders and felt her fingers gently pressing his head. Listening to her heartbeats, he sighed lightly. Mini felt his sigh on her chest and her heartbeats raced, which didn't got unnoticed by Neil. He tightened his grip on her and snuggled closer to her.

She slowly ran her fingers on his head and he felt relaxed in some time. She patted lightly on his head and eventually his grip loosened and he slept.

Seeing him asleep, she held his head in her arms and took off the pillows, placing them on the couch and slowly without disturbing his sleep, made him lie comfortably on the couch.

Mini turned and saw that it was already the time to wake Arya up and send her to school.