38. Mini and injection

Mini got her checkup done. Biji was sitting on the bed opposite to her while Neil was standing near the bed.

Dr: (scared) Aap injection lagwa lengi to better hoga.

Mini got up on the bed taking the support of the back of the bed.

Mini: Mujhe pata tha... Main nahi lagwaungi injection... Aap tablets de do...

Neil was confused at her reaction. Biji chuckled.

Mini felt dizzy, so stumbled on the bed. Neil came to the bed and held her hand to prevent her from falling.

Neil: Are gir jaogi... bed pe khadi hui ho?.... Kya hua?... Injection kyu nahi lagwana?

Biji: Mini ko bachpan se hi injection se dar lagta hai...

Dr: Pichli baar bhi dono behno ne bahot mara tha injection lagaate time... 4 logo ne pakda tha tab jaakar injection lagwa paaye the.... isiliye to main aa nahi raha tha...

Neil: (Unbelievably) Injection nahi lagwaane ke liye maara?

Biji: Ha.... Bachpan se hi ziddi hai na.

Mini: (looking at the doctor) Ha.. to... nahi lagwana mujhe injection... Ky.. kyu lagwa lu main injection.... Tablets de do na aap...

Neil signalled the doctor to prepare the injection and tugged Mini's hand to turn her to him.

Mini looked at Neil.

Neil: Don't act childish na Mini... le lo injection..... What's the big deal in it?

Mini: (looked at him) It is a big deal... nahi lagwana mujhe injection... I am fine.

Neil: Mini plz?.... Le lo injection.

Mini pushed him away from the bed and pointed her finger to him angrily.

Mini: (like a stubborn child) Nahi... Main nahi lagwaungi... nahi lagwaungi... nahi lagwaungi injection.... maine bola na...

She tried getting off the bed but Neil held her hand.

Neil: Gir jaogi yaar... Sunti hi nahi ho kisi ki.... Aise Arya ki tarah.... Arya bhi zyada calm hogi tumse....(Biji chuckled) chote baccho ki tarah zidd karogi ab tum?

Mini: (again pushed him away) Ha... main aisehi zidd karungi... and main nahi lagwaungi injection....

She coughed a little feeling weak. Biji and Neil looked at each other and Neil raised his eyebrows. Biji blinked her eyes to agree.

Neil: Ok... Ok.... (came to her) but at least listen to me na... aise bed pe kyu khadi ho...?... gir jaogi na.... Baith to jao...

He held her hands in his, tightly.

Mini: (confirming while sitting) Injection nahi lagega na?

Neil: Tumhe yaad hai main jab bimaar ho gaya tha to mujhe dawai nahi khaani thi?..... to tumne zabardasti mujhe dawaai khilayi thi..?

Mini: (confused) Ha toh?.... (understanding) Nahi.. nahi.... Tum peeche hato.... chalo peeche jao...

She freed her hands by twisting and then punched him on his shoulder, again getting up on the bed.

Neil: Ouch... Are yaar... tum...

Mini: (pointed her finger feeling weak due to fever) Maine bol diya hai na... main nahi lungi injection.

Neil sighed, signalled Biji and came to her seeing her weak enough.

Neil held her arms tightly by his hands and pulled her on the bed. She fell on the bed and he pressed her elbows tightly on the bed so that she could not move. Biji immediately held her feet before she retaliates by kicking.